Sunday, March 18, 2012

Teacups and Flowers

I totally wish my kitchen counter had real teacups and flowers on it, but I will have to settle for these cards instead. My first card is for two new challenges I found this week. One is called the Southern Girls Challenge. I found it when I was visiting my new blog buddy Kevin (check out his wonderful blog here). I actually checked out the challenge because I am from the South, but I soon realized that I not really from the South when compared to this group. This challenge is hosted in the True South - the Southern Hemisphere; this makes Deatsville, AL look like the North Pole! LOL.

This week's Southern Girls Challenge is a color challenge: red, blue, and yellow. Also thisis for their monthly challenge which is a great picture of cups and can be found here. Here is my card:


The second challenge is the Fresh Brewed Blog (how fun is that title) which can be found here. Challenge #87 is to use outdoor scenery or plants so I hope my little flowers and branches qualify!

I used a Lily Pink Designs image from Can You Digi It? that you can find here. I love this image - it is my first time playing with it and it was so fun to color and decorate.

My next card is for The Case Study Challenge. This month's Muse is Laura Bassen. You can find the challenge and Laura's card here. The Case Study Blog Challenge is so great because it forces you to focus on one card and be inspired by the artist. I love Laura's card and was very inspired.


Both my cards are 3 5/8 by 6 1/2 so they fit the envelopes I have right now. I have to get both these in the mail tomorrow so I had to go with what I had on hand.

Glad you dropped by, and hope you have a wonderful week! Hugz to all.

22 comments:

  1. Hi Nancy, you have a terrific creation here with the cups and I think you need to enter it in the "Fresh Brewed Designs" challenge. You'd be a winner for sure!


    (hugs)
    Joanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool cards, I love the teacup digi :) Thanks loads for joining us at SGC this fortnight and I hope you enjoyed your first challenge with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the stacked mugs and the lovely bright colours of the flowers on the second one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Marisa....those mugs are awesome and the colors so 'happy'. Of course, I love the flowers and ribbon on the 2nd one..you know I love those dots. Yes, that Southern Girls name threw me off, too. I have played in their challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two gorgeous cards, I really like the stacked cups, i like the fab colours and the way the flowers match the cups, I like the fresh design of the second card, and the fence at the bottom.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowee - love what you did with my cups :D They look so colourful, especially with that bright background, as does the second card! Both of these would brighten anyone's day and give them a cheery start!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great, wonderful card, just perfect colours for our challenge at SGC colour challenge. Good Luck Cheers Sue N x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous cards but I love, love the teacups!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your colourful flowers! Thanks for joining us at CASE study.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nancy, both cards are so nice. Love the bright teacups and colors. The tiny flowers are so pretty too.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are awesome Nancy. I love your tea cup card so much!!!! Nothing gets me fired up more than tea themed cards and banners....so I am fired up!!! So pretty and the colors are phenomenal. Love the little fence and flowers on your second card. Very sweet creation. Don't give up on me answering your email. It's in my drafts and it is going to be long. Hectic week-hopefully will catch up soon!

    Bear Hugs,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMGosh!!! I LOVE your first card! Thanks for sharing this with us at CASE Study Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card...such cute images...

    Hugs
    Bella

    ReplyDelete
  14. O MY God is this your creation, I saw this on Southern girl and I was thinking wow how bright and beautiful creation is this, really it is, both are so pretty, really dont want to miss your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is such a cheerful and very lovely card! I love it!
    Thank you for joining us at Freshly Brewed Challenges for our, "Plants/Outdoor scenery" challenge.
    Warmest Hugs, Sheryl

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very sweet card!!! I LOVE the coffee cup stack!!! you can also enter this into our MONTH LONG PRIZE CHALLENGE by going here: http://freshbreweddesigns.blogspot.com/2012/03/fbc-86-march-month-long-prize-challenge.html

    Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Brewed Challenges.
    Hope to see you again soon!
    HUGS!
    Heather D.
    www.freshbreweddesigns.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Nancy! You made me laugh with your comment about Deatsville AL being like the North Pole! LOL You're pretty much a Southerner to my New Jersey eye. ;)

    These long vertical cards are so cool! I especially like the stacked teacups. So fun!

    My mom has been visiting me from Texas this past week. She just went home yesterday. We hadn't seen each other in almost two years!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I absolutely love the teacup card but the flower card is cute as it can be as well. I guess I love the teacup one because it reminds me of you. It says "Nancy" to me. Remember when you used to put tea bags in all your cards?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, these cards are so sweet, Nancy! Your leaning tower of teacups is color, cheerful, and fun--but I could say the same about your second flowery card, too!! I love these long shapes!! I hope everything is going well for you. Sending you hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. love love LOVE this card with the coffee cups. awesome! the other is adorable too. thank you for joining us at fresh brewed designs :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I like BOTH cards, but especially the one with the stack of colorful cups!! Awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you for entering our month long challenge at Freshly Brewed Challenges. I LOVE this bright happy card!

    I hope you will stop in tomorrow to check out our NEW Month long prize challenge as well as stop in to check out our BIRTHDAY BLOG CANDY

    Hugs
    Heather

    ReplyDelete