Saturday, June 9, 2012

Those Who Bait



This month's muse is Joy Taylor at The CASE Study Blog - wowee, she is awesome. The card we are studying this week is so fun (check it out here). I love the colors on her card and the details are so crisp and clean. I am on a roll with masculine cards so I decided to go in that direction.

I used a free fishing sentiment from Tiddly Inks that I absolutely love, and I won the fish in the center of my rosette from Fresh Brewed Designs. The fish is part of the Huckleberry Pie goes fishing digi. I am also entering this card in the Fresh Brewed Blog Challenge FBC#99 which is to Pop It (make something that pops off your card to add dimension).

My papers are from SU! and from Hobby Lobby's Everyday Kraft Stack. I covered the little fish with Ranger Rock Candy Stickles and popped it up on a double tied baker's twine bow (thanks to Nancy Littrell for the twine - it was a sweet gift).

My family all loves to fish and we are sooo lucky to have a wonderful catfish pond in our back yard. My husband and his brother-in-law dug it out with a back-hoe about 4 years ago and a wonderful underground spring filled it in. My husband built a great deck with a hand pump for washing your hands and an automatic pump to keep air in the water. He stocked it with thousands of catfish, and they are starting to get big. Here is a picture of Allie fishing a few weeks ago.

The tomatoes in the picture are from my parent's garden - I had a wonderful bacon and tomato sandwich a few hours ago! Yum, Yum!!!!

Hugz!!!

12 comments:

  1. Wonderful masculine card and what a fun sentiment LOL! Loving the picture of you with the catfish! Had some when I was in GA years ago for the first time and quit liked it. How fun to be able to fish for dinner any time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, terrific card. I love that dsp from SU and your little fish charm is adorable. Great looking tomatoes and now I'm hungry. Allie looks to be a beautiful and talented fisher lady. Is that such a term? If not it should be. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card Nancy, I like the paper, the rosette and the sentiment.
    Bacon and tomato sandwich Yummy.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you placed the fish on the rosette on this fun card. That's a pretty big catfish your daughter caught too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Nancy! What a beautiful card! I love that you used the fish from, "Huckleberry Pie" to use on your very clever card! And my, What a huge catfish....and right in your own back yard!
    Thank you for joining us at Freshly Brewed Challenges for our month long prize challenge!
    It's been a real pleasure to visit your lovely blog!
    Warmest Hugs, Sheryl

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your great man card!! Simple design and papers look so great and the sentiment made me laugh out loud. Wonderful picture, and your man made lake is wonderful!

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card - love the simplicity, definitely a less is more!! Great sentiment too and cool photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun card, Nancy! I loved reading about your catfish pond and all the fishing fun you've been having. And those tomatoes? Look awesome! I'm so jealous of that BLT you had. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. BEAUTIFUL CARD!! I LOVE your take on the challenge!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =) Love the photo!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ah, I'm married to a fisherman and he would love that senttiment :) Thanks for playing with us over on CASE Study this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nancy, what a great card and the sentiment is just perfect for a lover of fishing. Looks like Allie is getting ready for a fish fry. May I come? :-) Oh, I can't take my eyes off those tomatoes...just can't wait to get some fresh from someone's garden. When we visit our son in Huntsville, there is a place close by that sells them from their fields. Yum, yum!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great masculine card! I love that you were able to include a rosette without it looking frilly--the paper works perfectly. Thanks for joining us this week at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete