Monday, March 4, 2013

Wedding Shower Wishes for Crystal



Crystal, my oldest daugher, had her first wedding shower this weekend. It was such a pleasure to watch her as she mingled with everyone, smiled the entire time, and graciously opened gifts. I was definitely a proud Mother. What made me even prouder was the number of other people there who looked just as proud as me - that girl has the ability to grab onto people's hearts and make them love her. What a powerful thing.

The new challenge at the Squigglefly blog involves using Ribbon in different ways (no using it to make bows) so I thought I would make a shower card for Crystal. I used The Newest The Case Study Challenge CSC130 as my inspiration. This is the last week that Teri Anderson is the Muse - sniff, sniff (I Love her work).

I used the Squigglefly Love Text by Roann Mathias to make my dp and I also used it to decorate my envelope. I just changed the color a bit to make it softer and repeated it across the page for the card. I left it unchanged for the envelope. BTW: During the entire month of March you can save 15% on all Squigglefly images by entering the code "spring15"! I made a hydrengea with my Martha Stewart punch (plus SB Circle dies, lots of glue, and some Stickles) and used some scraps of ribbon as little banners. I couldn't resist adding in a little unexpected gift card from Target. She loved it. Made her tear up - made me tear up. Good stuff. Here is the envelope (nothing fancy but it looked great on the present):



Hugz to all!

16 comments:

  1. Just too precious!! The card is beautiful - the doves are perfect, and I LOVE your bow/hydrangea flower. You have some serious talent going on here girlfriend :)!!
    Hugz,
    Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card to give a gift card! Love the pretty posies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is beautiful! Love the centerpiece of hydrangeas and doves. Gorgeous colors too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How awesome to make this card for Crystal. I really like those love birds and the pretty hydrangea. The love text is beautiful. What an exciting time for your daughter AND you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous card and keepsake for your daughter! Sounds like you had many proud-mama moments at the shower. Wishing you many more to come! Glad you had a fabulous weekend, my friend :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card! I love your hydrangea and how pretty to use pieces of ribbon underneath it! I like how you used ribbon on the envelope too. Congratulations to you and your daughter - this is such a wonderful time in her life!

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous card and love what you did with the ribbon--perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE that hydrangea you made,!! It's fabulous!! What a special time for you and your daughter too! You done well, mama - she sounds like a lovely woman and there is one lucky man to get her! Hugz to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card! Congrats to your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nancy,
    Your card is gorgeous and the hydrangea is exquisite! I'm so glad you are stacking up the happy memories headed towards the wedding!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your card Nancy-the love bird die cuts are neat and I like your idea for the card holder!! Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just gorgeous and perfect for such a lovely occasion :) Loving that flower!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great work here, the pocket in very clever! And all that work in the flower! Thanks for playing at CASE Study this week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a wonderful and exciting time for you and your daughter!! The flower you created is beyond beautiful and must have taken hours to put together! It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Nancy - this card is sooooo very gorgeous with those pretty tiny flowers - love it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh you proud Mama you!!! The Wedding is getting closer and closer isn't it. Are you excited and nervous all wrapped up in one!!! I think your card is gorgeous. I see we still have Hydrangeas for the theme.....and is the kraft color for the burlap? I am just about ready to start my project. I found some very cool things this weekend!. Your card is so beautiful. I know Crystal will cherish it.
    Bear Hugs,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete