Skip to main content

Signs of Extreme Laziness!

Hello friends!

I have been so lazy lately!  For some reason, I just cant seem to do anything that requires detailed coloring. All my coloring has to be slapped on or I just don't do it. 

For example, I wanted to use the tail part of the new DRS Designs Sandy Mermaid image for a fish card.  I didn't feel like coloring so I just slapped a sponge in some ink and swiped it around. I didn't even use the right sponges or start with a fresh one - I just dabbed the closest old sponge.  I used the ink on my counter because I was too lazy to go look for better colors.  Then I took those same inks and dragged them over some acetate. I sprinkled one some water with my hands (too lazy to go find the mister) and dabbed the splotches on my base panel.  I know if I videoed my processes, people would be horrified.

 On this card, I stamped the DRS Designs See You Later Alligator on a panel a few times and just sponged different inks all over the page (used the same sponge for all of it - how lazy is that?).   I did the same thing coloring up the Polka dot Flower Trio and the Three Butterflies image (the sentiment is the new God Bless Retirement image).  My centers of the flowers are cut out and glued on so it looked like I used different colors or colored the right way.
OK, I have to admit that I am pretty much this lazy all the time and rarely color up anything. My Copic and SU! markers are all drying out and I never think to use them anymore.  I am hopelessly lazy and cheap!!!  The SU! inks on this card are sooooo old!  I did use one new Distress Oxide color - the blue because I am trying it out. 

When I colored up this Bible Art Journaling page below, I used SU! Fabulous Florets for the flowers and dabbed on a little water color pencil which I smeared with a wet finger - another sign of my extreme laziness.  I drew the mason jar because I was too lazy to go find my mason jar stamp.

Christ is the light of the world.  I love this story in John. Can you imagine if those Pharisees would have had Facebook?  Wow, what a thought.

Many hugz!!

Comments

  1. Two fabulous cards and super Bible page Nancy, your ink technique sounds fine to me - it is certainly very effective.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Love both your creative cards and your journal page, Nancy. I am impressed with your "just do it with what you have out" techniques and with such great results. TFS my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Call it being efficient ;) Way to work with what was out. Wonderful set of projects!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cards are amazingly creative. The first one is shabby chic and the second is bright and sweet. The Bible page is stunning. I love it.

    Well, we all go through what you are going through... infact ever since I moved to Singapore, I have been this way. I just make cards with whatever I see lying around. Lol.

    Love,
    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think you're lazy at all - this is how art is born :) All of your projects turned out just fine, and I love those fish tails on the first card! Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Forest Goodies and Other Projects

 Hello Crafty Friends. I just got the Stamperia Forest Paper and Die Cuts in the mail so I had to play with them right away.   I have a combo creation - journal page and card.  On the journal page I used my 6x6 Dina Wakley Journal and laid a base of gesso.  I then used Dina's pastel crayons and some SU! inks and stamps.  Also added in some TH Dress Ink in Vintage Photo since I don't know how to make anything without it  (seriously).   The eagle is a Stamperia Forest die cut and is coated with gesso.  Did a bit of stenciling and distressing to finish the page off.  I am linking this the the **Art*Journal*Journey* September Texture Theme (last day - can't wait to see what October's Theme will be).  The die cut and the little smears add texture to the already very textured page.   I love the blue and green together and was inspired to made a quick card for my Son-in-law who cut down some tree limbs for us the other day.  The paper in the middle is from the Stamperia Forest

A Martini, Peanut Butter Cupakes, and Art

Hello Friends. Today, I have an ecletic mix of drinks, dessert, and art. First, it's T-day somewhere in the world so time for a drink post which I am linking to Elizabeth's Blog - Altered Book Lover.  Last week we had a work related dinner.  When the waitress asked what I wanted to drink, I had a sudden craving for a martini.  I use to love them, but I guess my tastes have changed because I wasn't a fan.  I was a fan of the chips and dips though! And the day before, I brought my Sister's fabulous peanut butter cupcakes.  Mainly because I was craving them and couldn't ask her to make just one..... Over at **Art*Journal*Journey* Elle picked a theme of Books, Cats, and Tea (you can pick one, two or three of the items).  I did a Bible Journal Page in my Journaling Bible - Luke 13:24-25.  After a layer of Gesso, I took a Sharpie pen and drew the kitty, then the narrow door, and then colored the door with Arteza Brush pens. The verse was written with a Micron pen.  This

Milkshake Malt Porter and a Bit of Art

 Hello friends and Happy T-day. It has been hit or miss with me lately on T-day posts. The remodel of our house next door has taken our mental and physical energy.  I think a few more weeks and things will be on the contractor instead of us.  Hopefully I will be back to normal by then. My Oldest Darling Daughter asked if we wanted to come for dinner Saturday.  Translation:  go to the store with me and we will bring part of dinner to your house and you cook the rest.  While at the store, I saw one 6 pack of this fun milkshake porter so, of course, I bought it.  It smells wonderful (a hint of chocolate and a hit of malt) and has a light creamy taste.  I would definitely buy it again if I see it.  My son-in-law did not like it, but he is more a  Miller Lite fan.  Now if this had been a whiskey, he would have been all over it.  LOL.  Linking this to Elizabeth's blog for the T-party gang. Darling Daughter had tried her hand at dried pintos, and she rocked them (I will begging for a rep