Skip to main content

Pink Shamrocks!

Right now, my kitchen counter has powdered sugar donuts 
(picked out by my Grandson), a bag of avocados (not sure why I thought we could eat 9 of them before they went bad), that Yoga tape I still haven't  started, and this fun card:
I started with a color palette I picked out on Color Palettes - #3757.  The base panel was done using the ink smooshing technique with some stenciling done after it dried. 

The corrugated cardboard was painted with some dark green acrylic paint touched up with some white on the edges.  Next I added some some Stickles and then sprinkled gold micro beads and glitter over that. 

For the top panel, I stamped the DRS Designs Dogwood Branch as the base and colored it up.  Then I stamped the Hat Full of Shamrocks, colored it up, and fussy cut it out.  I layered it on top of the Dogwood Branch.  It needed a bit more so I stamped another Hat Full of Shamrocks and the new Shamrock Scroll and fussy cut a few more shamrocks.  The Greeting is the Rainbow Gold Greeting

I really like how the gold micro beads reflect the sentiment and I love all the pink.  St. Pat's Day is right around the corner followed closely by Easter.  This year, the holidays are sneaking up on me fast!  We introduced the Grandson's to Peeps last night - they were not big fans.  I think you are either a lover or hater of those cute little things.  Hope your week is going well.

Hugz, Nancy

Comments

  1. The donuts and avocados would be pretty good but the card is the best! So very pretty!!! So much dimension and I love the background your created.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful card Nancy, I love your colour palette and great dimension - such a pretty image and super background.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nancy,
    I have often done that with avocados!!!
    Your card is super charming and and the sentiment is so sweet.

    Hope you are well,

    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looooove avocados!! Add them to salads, smoothies, my scrambled eggs and can blend them an add to soups etc. Tick of the trade - keep some on the counter (ripen faster) and put rest in the fridge as they ripen much slower and if too slow, can always put a few back on the counter to ripen up. One of the few foods that continues to ripen after picked (along with bananas). Info overload, but I just love them and they are sooo good for you!

    Gorgeous card. Love the colour combo and the micro beads are the perfect touch :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Forest Goodies and Other Projects

 Hello Crafty Friends. I just got the Stamperia Forest Paper and Die Cuts in the mail so I had to play with them right away.   I have a combo creation - journal page and card.  On the journal page I used my 6x6 Dina Wakley Journal and laid a base of gesso.  I then used Dina's pastel crayons and some SU! inks and stamps.  Also added in some TH Dress Ink in Vintage Photo since I don't know how to make anything without it  (seriously).   The eagle is a Stamperia Forest die cut and is coated with gesso.  Did a bit of stenciling and distressing to finish the page off.  I am linking this the the **Art*Journal*Journey* September Texture Theme (last day - can't wait to see what October's Theme will be).  The die cut and the little smears add texture to the already very textured page.   I love the blue and green together and was inspired to made a quick card for my Son-in-law who cut down some tree limbs for us the other day.  The paper in the middle is from the Stamperia Forest

A Martini, Peanut Butter Cupakes, and Art

Hello Friends. Today, I have an ecletic mix of drinks, dessert, and art. First, it's T-day somewhere in the world so time for a drink post which I am linking to Elizabeth's Blog - Altered Book Lover.  Last week we had a work related dinner.  When the waitress asked what I wanted to drink, I had a sudden craving for a martini.  I use to love them, but I guess my tastes have changed because I wasn't a fan.  I was a fan of the chips and dips though! And the day before, I brought my Sister's fabulous peanut butter cupcakes.  Mainly because I was craving them and couldn't ask her to make just one..... Over at **Art*Journal*Journey* Elle picked a theme of Books, Cats, and Tea (you can pick one, two or three of the items).  I did a Bible Journal Page in my Journaling Bible - Luke 13:24-25.  After a layer of Gesso, I took a Sharpie pen and drew the kitty, then the narrow door, and then colored the door with Arteza Brush pens. The verse was written with a Micron pen.  This

Milkshake Malt Porter and a Bit of Art

 Hello friends and Happy T-day. It has been hit or miss with me lately on T-day posts. The remodel of our house next door has taken our mental and physical energy.  I think a few more weeks and things will be on the contractor instead of us.  Hopefully I will be back to normal by then. My Oldest Darling Daughter asked if we wanted to come for dinner Saturday.  Translation:  go to the store with me and we will bring part of dinner to your house and you cook the rest.  While at the store, I saw one 6 pack of this fun milkshake porter so, of course, I bought it.  It smells wonderful (a hint of chocolate and a hit of malt) and has a light creamy taste.  I would definitely buy it again if I see it.  My son-in-law did not like it, but he is more a  Miller Lite fan.  Now if this had been a whiskey, he would have been all over it.  LOL.  Linking this to Elizabeth's blog for the T-party gang. Darling Daughter had tried her hand at dried pintos, and she rocked them (I will begging for a rep