Skip to main content

Mixed Media Scrapbooks and some Inky Cards

A few weeks ago, I started a new scrapbook.  It is a cross between a mixed media journal, an experiment, a scrapbook, and a journal journal.  It probably has a trendy name - please let me know if you know it.  I have been basically taking a thought or Bible verse out of my head, matching it with a picture, and doing a mixed media background.  It has been so fun!

Here are a few of my pages:
On the page above, I am celebrating a few answered prayers (I have a bunch more since then and plan to do another page).  I did and ink/spray/smash bg with a lot of stenciling and doodling and then covered it all up with my super large journaling panel - lol.  I sponged the journal panel and then stamped on the tree ring from DRS Designs.
On the page above, I did an ink/spray/smash bg followed by some stamping, and then some stenciling.  I used SU! ink, Distress ink and Dina Wakley scribble sticks.  The lady stamp is also from Dina Wakley. 
The background on this page was also ink spray smash and the zombie male from DRS Designs was colored with Dina Wakley scribble sticks.  The pictures on the photo strip were from our recent trip to Great Wolf Lodge (love that place).
Another ink/spray/smash background, but then I dipped a circle stencil in some of the ink and slapped it on the page too.  I outlined a few of the circles with Stickles too.
This was a page I embossed with some white bricks. Then I dipped in some inky water and scrunched it.  I was inspired by a great artist on Splitcoaststampers.com, Cook22.  When it dried, I coated it with modge podge.  I added on some gold beads for fun.

Lastly, here are few fun cards with the same basic techniques as above.  The first background was made by dipping multiple stencils inky water and pressing them on the paper.  I used the Trick or Treaters Last Stop and Fall Leaf with Acorn stamps from DRS.

This one was also made using several stencils dipped in water.  Then I did some extra stenciling as well.  The birds are from Dina Wakley and the sentiment is from Dina Kowal (IO).
Hope you have been having as much fun as I have!

Many hugz

Nancy

Comments

  1. ALL of these are wonderful! Love the journaling pages and cards both.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, Nancy...you have been on a creative journey!!!! So many mixed media products and techniques turned into beautiful journal/scrapbook kind of pages. How long did it take you to make all these pages? I am so impressed. Thank you so much for sharing, my friend. Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. A super collection of makes Nancy, your pages are a fabulous way to record your family memories and your cards are beautiful - you are certainly having lots of fun with your inks and stencils.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow beautiful backgrounds for your scrapbook/journaling. I love your use of mixed media techniques they add so much more dimension and texture surrounding your pictures

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great scrapbook/Journal pages. They will be treasured! Lovely cards too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Unopened Mail And My Grocery List

We arrived back from our Las Vegas trip last night so the only thing on my Kitchen Counter is unopened mail and my grocery list.  I have looked up the recipes for most the great food we ate (or wish we ate) in Las Vegas including Bacon Waffles and Chicken and Waffles - so my counter top should look awesome tomorrow (or as soon as I get a waffle maker).  We had lots of fun in Las Vegas but not as much as Crystal and Joey.  If we were still 21 we would have had a blast!  No luck with gambling - but I only gained 1 pound which is a miracle! 

Christmas Mice

Hello Crafty Friends, Today, I am playing in some fun challenges with this cute card: The current House-Mouse &Friends Monday Challenge HMFMC #461 is Anything Goes with an optional theme of Pastels. I have some pastel paper in my layers. This card was made with ornaments from a SU! set, a cut up sentiment from RedLead Paperworks, and three mice I cut out of the Spellbinders Sew Sweet stamp set. The background was inspired by Jeanne Streiff's MIX challenge on Splitcoaststampers.com last Friday where she asked us to make a background using a die cut as a stencil. 

T is For 10 Years of T-Day, Too much food, and The Art (Always the Art)

Hello Friends. Most of today's post is about celebrating 10 years of Elizabeth hosting T-day parties on her blog .  If you have visited me before, you know that I regularily participate in T-day where we all post something about a drink of any type (the drink can be anything including water and the post can be a real drink, words, movies, art, etc.) on Tuesday (or Monday lol) and link it to Elizabeth's T-day blog post for the week.   This year Elizabeth is asking us to post several things in celebration of the big anniversary.   #1.   Post a picture of something that makes the number 10. I used 10 art supplies that were near me.  I am starting to make more Christmas cards so these were right at hand.  #2.   Post our regular T-day picture/post.  My drink picture today is a lunch we had in Tybee Island last week during our Georgia trip.  We ate at Pier 16 .  Great food and service. It was our favorite meal during the trip. ...