Skip to main content

Some Coffee and Crystals

Fun stuff to show you today my friends.

I made a card this past weekend using a fun new technique (to me) to celebrate my first bottle of pumpkin spice creamer for the season (I bought two - one for home and one for work - lol).  I took a piece of kraft paper, squirted on some acrylic paint and then scraped the paint across the surface using a piece of cardboard.  After it dried, I stamped the DRS Designs' Pumpkin Spice and Everything Nice greeting (multiple times with a Misti since the paint added a lot of texture).  Next I stamped the Paper Coffee Cup and Fall Leaf with Acorn images on the leftover kraft paper.  I fussy cut them and then sponged the leaf with some Distress Inks.  It still needed some color so I splattered on some orange water color paint.  I also stamped the coffee cup on some white and paper pieced the cup.  I had it all assembled and sitting on my counter when my Grandkids dropped by to visit.  My card making Grandson, Lewis, was sitting at the counter with me getting ready to make some cards and he took my sponge tool and added some circles when I was not looking.  Worked for me.
I have finished up Crystal's Birthday Scrapbook too.  Here are a few of my last pages.
I did some stenciling and some water color splatters on this one.  I also used the DRS Designs' Happy Holly Days stamp.
I used the same paint scraping technique on the wedding picture background (looks like icing to me), and the DRS Designs' You Are My Sunshine greeting. 
The picture above is of Crystal in Jr. High (an old glamour shot - she will not like I put it in the book but the book maker gets to pick!).  I painted the checkered background with a thick brush and white acrylic paint. 
The page above was so fun to make.  I did ink, spray, smash background and then stamped the background with the DRS Script Font background.  I did it for a few challenges on SCS.  One was use script and one was a scrapbook challenge requiring three pictures, three dps, three embellishment groups.  I also used the DRS Designs' Love You To the Moon and Back greeting and the Fall Leaf with Acorn that I used on my coffee cup card.  
This last one was fun to do as well.  I sponged on some color, then sponged on some animal print using a stencil.  I stamped the DRS Barn Door and Walk on the Wild Side greeting. 

I am starting a Journaling Scrapbook next - thoughts and things I need to get out of my brain.  I am doing it all mixed media.  I can't wait to share it!!! 

Hugz,

Nancy

Comments

  1. ALL of these projects are wonderful Nancy!!! Love the layouts and that coffee cup card with the circles. You grandson did good adding those.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. all so pretty, love the family scrapbook pages - beautiful memory keepers.
    Your card is awesome, love the texture :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, but you are so talented, Nancy. Your daughter will treasure her very creative and unique scrapbook made with such wonderful memories and much Love by her dear sweet talented Mom:-) Thank you so much for sharing, my friend. Hugs..Nancy P.S. Your daughter is a beauty!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Unopened Mail And My Grocery List

We arrived back from our Las Vegas trip last night so the only thing on my Kitchen Counter is unopened mail and my grocery list.  I have looked up the recipes for most the great food we ate (or wish we ate) in Las Vegas including Bacon Waffles and Chicken and Waffles - so my counter top should look awesome tomorrow (or as soon as I get a waffle maker).  We had lots of fun in Las Vegas but not as much as Crystal and Joey.  If we were still 21 we would have had a blast!  No luck with gambling - but I only gained 1 pound which is a miracle! 

Christmas Mice

Hello Crafty Friends, Today, I am playing in some fun challenges with this cute card: The current House-Mouse &Friends Monday Challenge HMFMC #461 is Anything Goes with an optional theme of Pastels. I have some pastel paper in my layers. This card was made with ornaments from a SU! set, a cut up sentiment from RedLead Paperworks, and three mice I cut out of the Spellbinders Sew Sweet stamp set. The background was inspired by Jeanne Streiff's MIX challenge on Splitcoaststampers.com last Friday where she asked us to make a background using a die cut as a stencil. 

T is For 10 Years of T-Day, Too much food, and The Art (Always the Art)

Hello Friends. Most of today's post is about celebrating 10 years of Elizabeth hosting T-day parties on her blog .  If you have visited me before, you know that I regularily participate in T-day where we all post something about a drink of any type (the drink can be anything including water and the post can be a real drink, words, movies, art, etc.) on Tuesday (or Monday lol) and link it to Elizabeth's T-day blog post for the week.   This year Elizabeth is asking us to post several things in celebration of the big anniversary.   #1.   Post a picture of something that makes the number 10. I used 10 art supplies that were near me.  I am starting to make more Christmas cards so these were right at hand.  #2.   Post our regular T-day picture/post.  My drink picture today is a lunch we had in Tybee Island last week during our Georgia trip.  We ate at Pier 16 .  Great food and service. It was our favorite meal during the trip. ...