Skip to main content

A Mudbug, a Witch, and Other Assorted Cards

 Hello Crafty Friends!

The Fall weather and Halloween season have me really wishing C-19 was a thing of the past.  We did go to a very small private Fall Festival this weekend (10 kids) and the grandkids loved it. Half the kids did not dress up so it didn't seem to be the same.  

On the kitchen counter, I have been playing with my watercolors and trying different techniques.  The watercolor challenge on Splitcoaststampers has really helped and inspired me.

My daughter's boyfriend brought us some Louisiana boudain from a recent trip, and a large bucket of peanuts (he grew them). I wanted to send him a thank you card.  Funny how this crazy card came into being.  It started life a gelli plate print.  My sweet friend Jayne loves her gelli plate and makes amazing prints with it.  I hate my gelli plate and only make prints if I have no choice.  Jayne challenged us all to make something using a technique from one of the many videos she posted.  I sat down to play when I had a bit of time. Of course, I could not find my brayer and don't know what happened to my rolling pin so I had to use my fingers.  Then I realized I had packed away my acrylic paints but couldn't remember where...  I did find an ugly brown paint that I was probably intending to throw out so I had to choose using it or taking a hour to find the other paints.  Being lazy.....

I was also participating in the Inspiration Challenge at Splitcoaststampers so I picked THIS cheese plate  because it was brown and had a cool design.  I started smearing paint on my gelli plate and then also sprinked on mica flakes (you can see where I sprinkled them because they stuck to the gelli plate very well). After I pulled the print off, I realized it was VERY UGLY and would be hard to turn into a card or journal page.  Lets face it, it just looks like I slapped mud on a paper.  So I went with that and drew a crawfish/mudbug as Will (my daughter's boyfriend) loves them and does a GIANT crawfish boil every year.  I used watercolors and a Micron Pen to color him up.  I know this card will be loved.  So now I hate my gelli plate a little less. LOL


On this next card, I was playing with a new to me Julie Nutting doll, Meghan (I recently purchased her and she is my first one).  She worked really well on this slimline card.  To freshen her up, I drew on some wings and glittered them up with black glitter and silver Stickles.  I water-colored her and the background and embossed the Trick or Treat (from an old SU! set).
On this next card, I watercolored a bunch of hearts, stamped a floral flourish image and did some heat embossing with gold glitter EP.  Then I drew a shoe on the back of an old calendar cover and made some little flowers as well.  Embossed the sentiment too.  This is going to my shoe loving friend, Mia. 
This last card was inspired by a beautiful painting of firemen that I saw on Google but can't find right now.  I needed a birthday card for a retired fireman fighting a giant health battle.  This man is very special so I wanted it to be something special.  

Thanks for visiting.  I really appreciate it and hope things are going well for you and your family.  Things are going to get better...they have to...

Hugz,

Nancy




Comments

  1. Hi Nancy, you have made some beautiful cards. Love the Julie Nutting doll, not seen her before. The last card is very special, I hope all goes well for that brave man. I think the celebrations will be different everywhere this year. Have a good week, stay safe, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. A super collection of cards Nancy, you are very talented at drawing - I love the crawfish. Your slimline card is beautiful, the slimline shape always looks so elegant to me and the shoes are fabulous. I have to say that the final card for your friend is my favourite - a very special card, I'm sure he will really appreciate it.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. As I Almost always say when I see your cards! Oh WOW! A Wow! for each and everyone. I have a gelli plate and I'm sad to say I haven't not used it yet. That doesn't mean I didn't haul it out look at and tried to think of something to do with it...after seeing your lovely cards I think I need to try again. Your creativity always amazes me. Love your doll, I have a couple of them which I used to make cards for my granddaughter. I like those stamps they remind me of paper doll playing days. Hope you are having a good week, take card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these cards Nancy. That lobster one is very fun. And makes me want a yummy lobster roll. Smile. And your winged lady is fantastic. Those wings are amazing. That birthday card is special. Wow. Hope all is well with you! Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nancy, wow so many incredible images. your prawn card is adorable and my heart went out when I saw your fire fighters card XX

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fabulous cards! So many amazing designs; the crawfish is fabulous and then there's the pretty trick or treat card but the firefighter card captured my heart, so special 😁. Take care and sending you happy wishes! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Forest Goodies and Other Projects

 Hello Crafty Friends. I just got the Stamperia Forest Paper and Die Cuts in the mail so I had to play with them right away.   I have a combo creation - journal page and card.  On the journal page I used my 6x6 Dina Wakley Journal and laid a base of gesso.  I then used Dina's pastel crayons and some SU! inks and stamps.  Also added in some TH Dress Ink in Vintage Photo since I don't know how to make anything without it  (seriously).   The eagle is a Stamperia Forest die cut and is coated with gesso.  Did a bit of stenciling and distressing to finish the page off.  I am linking this the the **Art*Journal*Journey* September Texture Theme (last day - can't wait to see what October's Theme will be).  The die cut and the little smears add texture to the already very textured page.   I love the blue and green together and was inspired to made a quick card for my Son-in-law who cut down some tree limbs for us the other day.  The paper in the middle is from the Stamperia Forest

A Martini, Peanut Butter Cupakes, and Art

Hello Friends. Today, I have an ecletic mix of drinks, dessert, and art. First, it's T-day somewhere in the world so time for a drink post which I am linking to Elizabeth's Blog - Altered Book Lover.  Last week we had a work related dinner.  When the waitress asked what I wanted to drink, I had a sudden craving for a martini.  I use to love them, but I guess my tastes have changed because I wasn't a fan.  I was a fan of the chips and dips though! And the day before, I brought my Sister's fabulous peanut butter cupcakes.  Mainly because I was craving them and couldn't ask her to make just one..... Over at **Art*Journal*Journey* Elle picked a theme of Books, Cats, and Tea (you can pick one, two or three of the items).  I did a Bible Journal Page in my Journaling Bible - Luke 13:24-25.  After a layer of Gesso, I took a Sharpie pen and drew the kitty, then the narrow door, and then colored the door with Arteza Brush pens. The verse was written with a Micron pen.  This

Milkshake Malt Porter and a Bit of Art

 Hello friends and Happy T-day. It has been hit or miss with me lately on T-day posts. The remodel of our house next door has taken our mental and physical energy.  I think a few more weeks and things will be on the contractor instead of us.  Hopefully I will be back to normal by then. My Oldest Darling Daughter asked if we wanted to come for dinner Saturday.  Translation:  go to the store with me and we will bring part of dinner to your house and you cook the rest.  While at the store, I saw one 6 pack of this fun milkshake porter so, of course, I bought it.  It smells wonderful (a hint of chocolate and a hit of malt) and has a light creamy taste.  I would definitely buy it again if I see it.  My son-in-law did not like it, but he is more a  Miller Lite fan.  Now if this had been a whiskey, he would have been all over it.  LOL.  Linking this to Elizabeth's blog for the T-party gang. Darling Daughter had tried her hand at dried pintos, and she rocked them (I will begging for a rep