Skip to main content

Moon Pie Beer and Art

Hello friends.

Our local rural grocery had some super fun beer so, of course, I bought it even though it was horribly expensive.  Seriously, who can pass up beer made from moon pies?
The beer is made by Naked River Brewing Co. out of Chattanooga, Tn. It is 8.5% alcohol (probably part of why it is so expensive), and the can says it is actually made with fresh baked moon pies in collaboration with the Chattanooga Bakery (where the original moonpies became famous).  I could not pass it up.  It was awesome!  I will buy it again if I ever find it again.  Our grocery usually only buys a few of the fun beers and when they are gone, they are gone....

This is my ticket to Elizabeth's T-day party where we all share something related to a drink (of any kind and in any media).  I am a day late, but yesterday was a birthday day in our family so we had to do some party prep to try and make it special - so hard to do birthdays during football and fall ball seasons.  

Some art from this week. 

This card was done for the Watercolor Wednesday challenge on Splitcoaststampers.com. I used THIS video to learn to make it, and I used Daniel Smith watercolors and regular paper. The Pumpkin Patch sign is from a DRS Designs image. 
These cards were made for the Featured Stamper challenge on Splitcoaststampers.com and I cased THIS card by Carol Dee.  The images are from Rubbernecker, Impression Obsession, and Redlead Paperworks plus you can see the light stamping of the DRS Designs Script Font background (my favorite image) on the card on the right. The background was made using the ink/spray/smash technique, but I couldn't find my sprayer so they were actually made with the ink/splash water from a cup/smash technique. LOL.
Layered stamping was the Ways to Use It challenge at Splitcoaststampers.com.  The challenge was to use layered stamps or to do the stamp kissing technique.  I went with layered stamps and used the SU! To A Wild Rose set.  I fussy cut the focal rose and did several stacked layers as well.  I losely stamped the Birthday Sheet Music image from DRS Designs in the background because all that white space was freaking me out.  All the colored inks are Tim Holtz Distress Inks or Oxide Inks plus I used Close to My Heart Black ink. 
My last card was sent off to a little boy boy battling a giant health monster.  He loves spiderman so I used a spiderman digi I bought on Etsy for my grandson's birthday card.  I also stamped a Tim Holtz spiderweb just for fun. 

Hope the rest of your week goes well and happy late T-day to my T-day friends.

Hugz,

Nancy

Comments

  1. That beer would be so much fun to try!
    Love all your cards and especially the ones with watercolor. The spiderman card is precious too.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. moon pie is really unlikely as a beer flavor!

    best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great name, no wonder you couldn't resist! Love those watercolour pumpkins! Happy T Day! Elle/EOTC xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would try that beer too. I'm wondering if they add moon pie "mush" to their fermentation process. But it sounds good. And your art is beautiful this week. Those painted pumpkins are beautiful. I hope your grandson enjoys his spiderman card. Its very cute. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Erika, I think that is what they do with the beer. The can also says keep refrigerated or there may be another fermentation process - guessing because of the high sugar content.

      Delete
  5. Moon Pie from Naked People - who could ever resist?!
    8.5%, huhhhh... you go to sleep quickly then ;-)
    I never even had a moon pie...

    I´ll check the video later, thank you - I just started with watercolor!
    (We´re off to Berlin in an hour, so...)
    Your Pumpkin Patch looks wonderful!!!
    And the flower card! Is there a video on how to do that?
    Cute Spiderman.
    Great post, oh, I crave such a beer, LOL, hugz!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No video on the flower card. The stamp set is the key - it is multilayered stamp. You stamp one color with the base stamp then another color with another stamp that has a bit more detail, then yet another color with another stamp that is smaller and has less detail. There is also an outline stamp and the base leaf and the outline of the leaf. So I stamped the outline stamp all around the paper but made sure their was one where my focal point would be. On a sperate paper, I stamped the flower using all the steps above but did it two times so I could fussy cut one of them and add only a portion on top so it looked like the flower was physically dimensional as well as visually. Next I did on leaf set and fussy cut it and then added the words. I sounds like a lot but I got it done pretty quickly. I could have achieved it with paint and sketching too - you don't have to have stamps. I may try that.

      Delete
  6. P.S. ... can you explain what you meant with you threw your clock? Reminds me of Smørrebrød, Smørrebrød, rom-pom-pom-pom? LOL (I was too young for The Muppet´s Show, but the cook was a hit always).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, Iris. I was very sleepy and the clock was being very loud and my hand reached over to turn it off and instead I swept the clock across the room. It was a small battery operated clock and now the hands won't move so I broke it good. Luckily, Amazon could deliver a new one in 2 days.

      Delete
  7. moon pie beer I just can't imagine what that tastes like :). I'm so impressed with your pumpkin card amazing take on the watercolour technique. But I think my favourite is the Rubbernecker wildflowers in the wind.xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful watercolor, Nancy. All your cards are wonderfully done. I would have never thought of a moon pie beer! You find the most unusual beer names, and types. Happy very late T Day! LOL It is time for a new party!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such beautiful watercolor Nancy! I love that Autumn field and look forward to doing some apple picking soon! That spiderman is adorable! What a great selection of makes here my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Forest Goodies and Other Projects

 Hello Crafty Friends. I just got the Stamperia Forest Paper and Die Cuts in the mail so I had to play with them right away.   I have a combo creation - journal page and card.  On the journal page I used my 6x6 Dina Wakley Journal and laid a base of gesso.  I then used Dina's pastel crayons and some SU! inks and stamps.  Also added in some TH Dress Ink in Vintage Photo since I don't know how to make anything without it  (seriously).   The eagle is a Stamperia Forest die cut and is coated with gesso.  Did a bit of stenciling and distressing to finish the page off.  I am linking this the the **Art*Journal*Journey* September Texture Theme (last day - can't wait to see what October's Theme will be).  The die cut and the little smears add texture to the already very textured page.   I love the blue and green together and was inspired to made a quick card for my Son-in-law who cut down some tree limbs for us the other day.  The paper in the middle is from the Stamperia Forest

A Martini, Peanut Butter Cupakes, and Art

Hello Friends. Today, I have an ecletic mix of drinks, dessert, and art. First, it's T-day somewhere in the world so time for a drink post which I am linking to Elizabeth's Blog - Altered Book Lover.  Last week we had a work related dinner.  When the waitress asked what I wanted to drink, I had a sudden craving for a martini.  I use to love them, but I guess my tastes have changed because I wasn't a fan.  I was a fan of the chips and dips though! And the day before, I brought my Sister's fabulous peanut butter cupcakes.  Mainly because I was craving them and couldn't ask her to make just one..... Over at **Art*Journal*Journey* Elle picked a theme of Books, Cats, and Tea (you can pick one, two or three of the items).  I did a Bible Journal Page in my Journaling Bible - Luke 13:24-25.  After a layer of Gesso, I took a Sharpie pen and drew the kitty, then the narrow door, and then colored the door with Arteza Brush pens. The verse was written with a Micron pen.  This

Milkshake Malt Porter and a Bit of Art

 Hello friends and Happy T-day. It has been hit or miss with me lately on T-day posts. The remodel of our house next door has taken our mental and physical energy.  I think a few more weeks and things will be on the contractor instead of us.  Hopefully I will be back to normal by then. My Oldest Darling Daughter asked if we wanted to come for dinner Saturday.  Translation:  go to the store with me and we will bring part of dinner to your house and you cook the rest.  While at the store, I saw one 6 pack of this fun milkshake porter so, of course, I bought it.  It smells wonderful (a hint of chocolate and a hit of malt) and has a light creamy taste.  I would definitely buy it again if I see it.  My son-in-law did not like it, but he is more a  Miller Lite fan.  Now if this had been a whiskey, he would have been all over it.  LOL.  Linking this to Elizabeth's blog for the T-party gang. Darling Daughter had tried her hand at dried pintos, and she rocked them (I will begging for a rep