Skip to main content

Sunsets, Teapots, Trucks, and Flowers

The last day of June...where does time go?

Speaking of time, I had to do one last page for the **Art*Journal*Journey* June prompt - A Stitch in Time.  Added some little zig zags to the corner of my BAJ page and also added some girls from the past wearing fancy dresses to my card.  The girls are covering a very bad mistake with a white paint pen - lol.  The BAJ background is made with an embossing folder inked up and sprayed with water.  The water panels are all water colored with SU! Ink using a penny for the sun.

These verses in Psalm 126 have much deeper meanings than the seem.  I looked up Negev and it is a desert.  So then I looked up watercourses, and it seems that when it rains in this desert, the water trickles down into patterns which then meet each other until they are powerful streams.  A beautiful analogy and so meaningful.  Lovely.
I also did a few more BAJ pages lately with matching cards.

This one is made with some botanical tissue paper, stencils, white gesso and gold paint.  The hummingbirds and the card sentiment are from the old SU! Elements of Style set.  I focused on Psalms 102 and 103, but mainly the opening words of Psalm 103:  My soul, bless the Lord, and all that is within me, bless His holy name.  My soul bless the Lord, and do not forget all His benefits.
This one was made by painting up some heavyweight white paper with gesso, then some Arteza Gouache rust paint, then some blue Dina Wakely Acylic paint mixed with Crackle Paint. Then put on an Andy Skinner stencil.  Once dry, I cut up the panels, punched in holes, added distress inks, put them all together and then did more stenciling (Stamperia Pipes).  The tags are Stamperia Sea World. More Psalms - Psalm 119 which is the longest Psalm and contains several dozen prayers.  It is like a history lesson and has several themes as well.  I focused on the pleas of help and the expectation and knowledge that God would help.  With all that is going on in my life and the world - that is all important.
I have also made some cards - should make some matching BAJ pages for them too - especially this first one.  It two combined SU! sets - Sailing Home and High Tide.  Also added in some torn paper clouds and a fun stencil with purple Textures Effects Paste (love that stuff).
 Tried my hand a bunch of doodling around this teapot.  Made with the flower and pot from SU! Tea Together.  Took a bit of time to do all the doodling!
 Also tried no line watercoloring... it was hard but I like the result.  The truck is Printworks Collection -Dad's Truck and the words are TH (I think - it is a stamp totally separated from its friends for some reason.  I used Distress Inks to stamp and paint the truck.  Added in rust where hubby's rust is on his 1949 (I think) Ford Truck.
 Cased Cathy Mac at SCS who was this week's Featured Stamper (so talented).  I drew my flowers and leaves and painted them Arteza Gouache Paint.
Hope you are having a great week - I only have two days of work this week since I took off two days and Friday is a National holiday.  Fun!!!  Dreading the catch up though.

Many hugz,

Nancy

Comments

  1. You have been busy!! Your Bible journaling is inspirational. Thanks for linking up with A Stitch in Time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, wow, woW! hat a feast for the eyes today. The Negev is indeed a beautiful place. My niece lives there in a little town not far from the Dead Sea. I love the Psalms because they are Hebrew poetry. The second set of bible journal pages in b/w are my faves today. And I love the rusty pages, and the beautiful teapot, and all of the cards. You have been a very busy bee. Have a great week, take care, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic journal pages and cards. Thanking for sharing your post with us at Art Journal Journey.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Nancy. You have created some gorgeous journal pages and card. I love the ocean so those are my favorite but they are all wonderful. I am so glad you shared these with us at Art Journal Journey for Halle's challenge. Hope all has been well. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have been busy Nancy, fabulous journal pages and cards, I especially like the vintage one with all of the super panels.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Your pages and cards are just fabulous! (as always)
    By the way, I answered your question on my blog....

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many beautiful things to see at last I have managed to catch up with you blogger has been a difficult media recently. I'm stunned by your creativity, what a delight to see in words and pictures especially those above Hubby's truck, those little rust patches just add it the love.
    Sending creativity and light your way and wishing you all the best for July.
    Creative wishes Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous pages and cards Nancy, I love them all! Beautiful botanical tissue paper and colors on your second page and I love the scene you created on your sea side card.
    Hugs, Tammy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Forest Goodies and Other Projects

 Hello Crafty Friends. I just got the Stamperia Forest Paper and Die Cuts in the mail so I had to play with them right away.   I have a combo creation - journal page and card.  On the journal page I used my 6x6 Dina Wakley Journal and laid a base of gesso.  I then used Dina's pastel crayons and some SU! inks and stamps.  Also added in some TH Dress Ink in Vintage Photo since I don't know how to make anything without it  (seriously).   The eagle is a Stamperia Forest die cut and is coated with gesso.  Did a bit of stenciling and distressing to finish the page off.  I am linking this the the **Art*Journal*Journey* September Texture Theme (last day - can't wait to see what October's Theme will be).  The die cut and the little smears add texture to the already very textured page.   I love the blue and green together and was inspired to made a quick card for my Son-in-law who cut down some tree limbs for us the other day.  The paper in the middle is from the Stamperia Forest

A Martini, Peanut Butter Cupakes, and Art

Hello Friends. Today, I have an ecletic mix of drinks, dessert, and art. First, it's T-day somewhere in the world so time for a drink post which I am linking to Elizabeth's Blog - Altered Book Lover.  Last week we had a work related dinner.  When the waitress asked what I wanted to drink, I had a sudden craving for a martini.  I use to love them, but I guess my tastes have changed because I wasn't a fan.  I was a fan of the chips and dips though! And the day before, I brought my Sister's fabulous peanut butter cupcakes.  Mainly because I was craving them and couldn't ask her to make just one..... Over at **Art*Journal*Journey* Elle picked a theme of Books, Cats, and Tea (you can pick one, two or three of the items).  I did a Bible Journal Page in my Journaling Bible - Luke 13:24-25.  After a layer of Gesso, I took a Sharpie pen and drew the kitty, then the narrow door, and then colored the door with Arteza Brush pens. The verse was written with a Micron pen.  This

Milkshake Malt Porter and a Bit of Art

 Hello friends and Happy T-day. It has been hit or miss with me lately on T-day posts. The remodel of our house next door has taken our mental and physical energy.  I think a few more weeks and things will be on the contractor instead of us.  Hopefully I will be back to normal by then. My Oldest Darling Daughter asked if we wanted to come for dinner Saturday.  Translation:  go to the store with me and we will bring part of dinner to your house and you cook the rest.  While at the store, I saw one 6 pack of this fun milkshake porter so, of course, I bought it.  It smells wonderful (a hint of chocolate and a hit of malt) and has a light creamy taste.  I would definitely buy it again if I see it.  My son-in-law did not like it, but he is more a  Miller Lite fan.  Now if this had been a whiskey, he would have been all over it.  LOL.  Linking this to Elizabeth's blog for the T-party gang. Darling Daughter had tried her hand at dried pintos, and she rocked them (I will begging for a rep