Skip to main content

Birthday Humor and Some Flowers


The newest Can You Digi It? challenge is called Painted Memories. Check out the inspiration photo - it is a very personal one for our Design Team Members, April, as her Father painted it. The thumbnail we got to to see was closely cropped so I thought it was a wooden sign, but it turns out the sign was painted on bricks. Oh well, it inspired me and that is what challenges are all about right?

I used two digi sets available in the store by Lilypink Designs - you can find them here. I love both the Topiary and Truckin' sets as you get sooooo many images in each. I used one of the signs in the Truckin' set and sponged a little Tim Holtz Linen Distress Ink on the edges. I colored the topiaries with a Copic marker and some Linen Distress Ink. I think next time I do the topiaries, I am going to do smaller and smaller layers of the balls so they look even more dimensional.

I used a Cuttlebug embossing folder and the Martha Stewart Iron Gate punch on some kraft paper from Hobby Lobby to make my fence. I also sponged some Linen ink on it as well. Some cute little sponged clouds using the Torn Paper Towel technique finished it off. This was a pretty quick card, and it was fun to make. I showed it to the hostess club I hang out with, and they thought it was soooo funny.

I am also entering this card in the Dilly Beans Challenge this week which is all about texture - I added Texture with my embossing folder and the layers.


This card is for TOFF#45 at the Octopode Factory which is all about flowers, and also the Dilly Beans Challenge which is all about texture (the Dilly Beans Challenge allows several cards in each challenge).

I used my Octopode Fence image and part of a cute little Dilly Beans flower chain image (the sentiment is from the Lilypink Designs topiary set I described above). I layered and distressed the fence, did more torn paper sky, and added a bunch of flowers made using a SU! flower punch. I filled in all the little flowers with some gold micro beads after I made them curl up using the cupping technique (use a stylus to press down in the middle in little circles on a soft mouse or other pad). The papers are all SU! except the dp which is from Me & My Big Ideas (it is actually from my daughter's stash and she hasn't scrapbooked in 4 years).

On a personal note, my family could use some prayers right now. My Mother-in-law has terminal cancer and is in a lot of pain, and my Dad had open-heart surgery yesterday. My poor husband has broncitus - just enough steal his energy while we are trying to be there for our wonderfully sweet parents.

Hoping your day and week are wonderful - hugz!!!!

Comments

  1. The first card made me smile :) Loving the flowers down the side of the second one. Lovely job on both. So sorry tohear about your MIL...hate that disease! Prayer said for your hubby's health ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  2. You family will be in my prayers! Love both of your cards but the sentiment on the first one makes me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the mix of images and your sky is beautiful! A lovely card indeed! Thanks for playing with us at TOFF!

    Amy*

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed that humorous birthday card! Love the blooms on your second card! Both are awesome!!

    HUGZ
    CA

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that first card with the fun sentiment and the second with the fence and yummy flowers is great. So sorry about all the troubles and sickness in the family. I'm praying for strength for you and your hubby as you both care for your parents.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh these are nice.... congrats on winning the QTR challenge.... my email addy is blackdragonscrafts@googlemail.com if you still cant get me...try IKE at ikesart@hotmail.com and just say you won her image at QTR ''for helen''..... she'' send it to you.
    Thanks for sharing with us...i hope you'll play along this time too.
    BD x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those flowers are so detailed and sweet and the center looks amazing!!And I love the sentiment, that is so clever!! The colors and the frame around the image are beautiful!!

    Love from The Netherlands,
    Leintje*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving both cards but i have to say the first one makes me giggle. The flowers are gorgeous on the second. Thanks for joining us at Dilly Beans. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  9. Neat fences cards! I especially like the one with topiaries, 'cause I'm a topiary kind of gal. It caught my eye immediately.

    Hope you are feeling well! Big hugz to you, my little Nutzi!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Forest Goodies and Other Projects

 Hello Crafty Friends. I just got the Stamperia Forest Paper and Die Cuts in the mail so I had to play with them right away.   I have a combo creation - journal page and card.  On the journal page I used my 6x6 Dina Wakley Journal and laid a base of gesso.  I then used Dina's pastel crayons and some SU! inks and stamps.  Also added in some TH Dress Ink in Vintage Photo since I don't know how to make anything without it  (seriously).   The eagle is a Stamperia Forest die cut and is coated with gesso.  Did a bit of stenciling and distressing to finish the page off.  I am linking this the the **Art*Journal*Journey* September Texture Theme (last day - can't wait to see what October's Theme will be).  The die cut and the little smears add texture to the already very textured page.   I love the blue and green together and was inspired to made a quick card for my Son-in-law who cut down some tree limbs for us the other day.  The paper in the middle is from the Stamperia Forest

A Martini, Peanut Butter Cupakes, and Art

Hello Friends. Today, I have an ecletic mix of drinks, dessert, and art. First, it's T-day somewhere in the world so time for a drink post which I am linking to Elizabeth's Blog - Altered Book Lover.  Last week we had a work related dinner.  When the waitress asked what I wanted to drink, I had a sudden craving for a martini.  I use to love them, but I guess my tastes have changed because I wasn't a fan.  I was a fan of the chips and dips though! And the day before, I brought my Sister's fabulous peanut butter cupcakes.  Mainly because I was craving them and couldn't ask her to make just one..... Over at **Art*Journal*Journey* Elle picked a theme of Books, Cats, and Tea (you can pick one, two or three of the items).  I did a Bible Journal Page in my Journaling Bible - Luke 13:24-25.  After a layer of Gesso, I took a Sharpie pen and drew the kitty, then the narrow door, and then colored the door with Arteza Brush pens. The verse was written with a Micron pen.  This

Milkshake Malt Porter and a Bit of Art

 Hello friends and Happy T-day. It has been hit or miss with me lately on T-day posts. The remodel of our house next door has taken our mental and physical energy.  I think a few more weeks and things will be on the contractor instead of us.  Hopefully I will be back to normal by then. My Oldest Darling Daughter asked if we wanted to come for dinner Saturday.  Translation:  go to the store with me and we will bring part of dinner to your house and you cook the rest.  While at the store, I saw one 6 pack of this fun milkshake porter so, of course, I bought it.  It smells wonderful (a hint of chocolate and a hit of malt) and has a light creamy taste.  I would definitely buy it again if I see it.  My son-in-law did not like it, but he is more a  Miller Lite fan.  Now if this had been a whiskey, he would have been all over it.  LOL.  Linking this to Elizabeth's blog for the T-party gang. Darling Daughter had tried her hand at dried pintos, and she rocked them (I will begging for a rep