Skip to main content

A Bit of Snow

The new Pattie's Creations Challenge #82 is SNOWY SCENE - WITHIN THE IMAGE. I used the Reindeer in Snow image from Pattie's Creations.



The image has snow within the scene, but I decided it needed to look like it was snowing too. I keep hearing about everyone that is getting snow and I am kind of jealous. We don't get much snow here - maybe a 1/2 inch to 2 inches all year and it typically melts immediately. I guess it is a good thing we don't get snow because no one around here can drive on ice or snow (including myself), and the counties and cities throw dirt on the ice and pray because they have no other resources. This just makes dirty ice and isn't much help. It is cold enough to snow this morning. Hubby is going out hunting and he told me he is too old for cold mornings - maybe the deer will have a bit of a chance today because he is bundled up heavily.

Dig out your snowy image and ideas and come join us!

Hugz!

Comments

  1. Nancy what a lovely card, I love how you have made it "snow" in your scene.. I like the snow when I am bundled up in the house watching movies with the hubby, but HATE driving in it, our drive is on a bank and I have slide down that drive every year into the garage door, really doesnt do the car good. I am kind of hoping the snow stays away until the 19th I finish work that day and dont go back until the 2nd so wont have to worry about it.. If I don't pop in before hope you have a great Christmas and all the best for 2014 xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful scene you've created. LOVE your snow and those pretty deer. I'm surprised you get any snow, Nancy. But, it does snow there occasionally, I suppose. Dirt????? Yuck what a mess that must be.
    We're going to Franklin, TN tomorrow to 'Dickens of a Christmas, then to Gaylord in Nashville. It'll be fun and two of our little munchkins and their parents will be going with us. Sounds like fun. Hope you have a grand weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely scene, Nancy. We don't get snow that often out here either. Too close to the water so when it does come it is a zoo in traffic, but the kids sure have fun LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like reindeer lol sorry couldn't resist, gorgeous card Nancy, I like the scene and the snow
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is cute scene but I'm glad you added your snow. It really does help with the delivery of this card. Your snowflakes are also a great little addition. Oh dirty ice, doesn't sound pretty at all. LOL Enjoy the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The weatherman is telling us we're getting 4-7 inches tomorrow, hope not! Beautiful card and I really like that image. I love the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the added snow and the glittery sun. Fabulous looking card. We've already gotten a dusting, but it also included some ice. Glad I could stay home and craft instead of driving in it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a gorgeous card, I love your snowy scene with the adorable Reindeer.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Nancy! This is a perfect Christmas card! I love how you colored my image too...

    Hugs
    Pattie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nancy, I just gotta know what you used for the snow? Very cool!!! Now if you want snow - you're welcome to all that we have.....personally I sick of it already. LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. so stunning nancy.i love your sweet image and fabuous snow and soft colours :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a beautiful design!! Really love your snow texture and sparkle! ;) HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nancy - I love the brown tones on this card, it gives a vintage look to it!
    Wishing you a Happy Holiday.
    Sandi ♥
    DT Coordinator for Pattie's Creations Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. By the light of the Silvery Moon-that's the new name for this card. I love that sparkly moon in your snow scene-this is gorgeous. No snow here and definitely no sand on ice....that sounds really messy. Your card is just darling. My DH has not gotten a deer yet. Hasn't seen a thing. He still has the rest of the week.
    Bear Hugs,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Unopened Mail And My Grocery List

We arrived back from our Las Vegas trip last night so the only thing on my Kitchen Counter is unopened mail and my grocery list.  I have looked up the recipes for most the great food we ate (or wish we ate) in Las Vegas including Bacon Waffles and Chicken and Waffles - so my counter top should look awesome tomorrow (or as soon as I get a waffle maker).  We had lots of fun in Las Vegas but not as much as Crystal and Joey.  If we were still 21 we would have had a blast!  No luck with gambling - but I only gained 1 pound which is a miracle! 

Christmas Mice

Hello Crafty Friends, Today, I am playing in some fun challenges with this cute card: The current House-Mouse &Friends Monday Challenge HMFMC #461 is Anything Goes with an optional theme of Pastels. I have some pastel paper in my layers. This card was made with ornaments from a SU! set, a cut up sentiment from RedLead Paperworks, and three mice I cut out of the Spellbinders Sew Sweet stamp set. The background was inspired by Jeanne Streiff's MIX challenge on Splitcoaststampers.com last Friday where she asked us to make a background using a die cut as a stencil. 

T is For 10 Years of T-Day, Too much food, and The Art (Always the Art)

Hello Friends. Most of today's post is about celebrating 10 years of Elizabeth hosting T-day parties on her blog .  If you have visited me before, you know that I regularily participate in T-day where we all post something about a drink of any type (the drink can be anything including water and the post can be a real drink, words, movies, art, etc.) on Tuesday (or Monday lol) and link it to Elizabeth's T-day blog post for the week.   This year Elizabeth is asking us to post several things in celebration of the big anniversary.   #1.   Post a picture of something that makes the number 10. I used 10 art supplies that were near me.  I am starting to make more Christmas cards so these were right at hand.  #2.   Post our regular T-day picture/post.  My drink picture today is a lunch we had in Tybee Island last week during our Georgia trip.  We ate at Pier 16 .  Great food and service. It was our favorite meal during the trip. ...