Skip to main content

A Rainy Saturday Creation and A Flashback

It's raining hard outside so it is a great time to craft and catch up on a few Hallmark movies.

My friend Pauline posted THIS fun card which led me to the Winter Wonderland Challenge. The challenge is all about doing holiday cards and this week the theme is fashion. I thought I would use this fun new image by Cheryl Grant Alger/Sassy Cheryl which will be available at Squigglefly on January 4th; it is called Bum Snowman in love. I am only showing a part of the image on this card as I wanted to focus on his sweet face and his hat, scarf, and mittens since the challenge is about fashion.


The papers are from The Paper Studio splashed with a bit of white craft paint, the dies are Spellbinders and Tim Holtz, and the flowers are from Thepiecebypiece shop on Etsy.

Over at the Sassy Cheryl Blog, everyone is posting their favorite Sassy Cheryl Creation from 2013. Here is mine:


This card was made with the Play Hard or Go Home image available at Squigglefly and the Sassy Cheryl Shop.

If it doesn't stop raining soon, I will need to get the John Boat out of the pond to get to work on Monday!

Hugz!

Comments

  1. Gorgeous cards Nancy, I love your adorable snowman image and lovely die cut details. I can see why the second card is your favourite Sassy Cheryl Creation, such a fabulous image and brilliant detailing.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, not the john boat! Even still I guess its better than an ark! Great cards, love the new snowman image, really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Precious snowman image and love the layers you added around him :) Love the ball card too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what a sweet snowman and I love the color scheme. Your flowers and embellishments really being it all together. I adore your second card. Fabulous sentiments. I know a few people that I could send this one to. Enjoy the weekend and Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. An interesting take on our Fashion theme, thank you for joining us at the Winter Wonderland, have a great New Year
    Hugs Kate x
    ps I have candy if you are interested :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the splash of white paint on the first card. Snowy is indeed making a fashion statement. Wearing the latest designs.
    The baseball card is a favorite of mine too. I can see why you chose it. Thanks for joining us at Sassy Cheryl's this week. I love it when you find time to play with us.

    Hugs and Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cards are both lovely x

    I do hope you had a fab Christmas & that 2014 brings you everything you wish for x

    hugs sally x
    sallysbitz2.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love both of these and the color choices on each is perfect. Happy 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww-these cards are so cute. That snowman's face is just precious. He melts my heart. Love your baseball card too. I can't help think of my boys playing baseball while they were growing up. You did an awesome job with the visual on that one. The baseball background is dynamite. It rained here all Saturday and Sunday. It's beautiful today because we are at work. It's supposed to rain tomorrow and Wednesday too. Could it be because I am off tomorrow afternoon and Wednesday....I think so....lol
    Bear Hugs,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  10. AWWWW.. Ain't these just two sweet little beauties!
    Thanks for playing along in the Pick your favorite card challenge this past week with my Sassy Gals. And HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow these are wonderful cards. I love both of them so much...Thanks for playing along with us Sassy Gals at Sassy Cheryls! Hugz, joann

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous cards ♥♥ Wishing you a happy, creative New Year. Best wishes, love Gez xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. these are gorgeous nancy.i love your squidgey snowman and your boys card is fabulous :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are both so adorable, I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These cards are so cute, I love both of them.

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh Nancy, your love sick snowman is just adorable. I really love the paper piecing you did and the smattering of snow in the background is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Unopened Mail And My Grocery List

We arrived back from our Las Vegas trip last night so the only thing on my Kitchen Counter is unopened mail and my grocery list.  I have looked up the recipes for most the great food we ate (or wish we ate) in Las Vegas including Bacon Waffles and Chicken and Waffles - so my counter top should look awesome tomorrow (or as soon as I get a waffle maker).  We had lots of fun in Las Vegas but not as much as Crystal and Joey.  If we were still 21 we would have had a blast!  No luck with gambling - but I only gained 1 pound which is a miracle! 

Christmas Mice

Hello Crafty Friends, Today, I am playing in some fun challenges with this cute card: The current House-Mouse &Friends Monday Challenge HMFMC #461 is Anything Goes with an optional theme of Pastels. I have some pastel paper in my layers. This card was made with ornaments from a SU! set, a cut up sentiment from RedLead Paperworks, and three mice I cut out of the Spellbinders Sew Sweet stamp set. The background was inspired by Jeanne Streiff's MIX challenge on Splitcoaststampers.com last Friday where she asked us to make a background using a die cut as a stencil. 

T is For 10 Years of T-Day, Too much food, and The Art (Always the Art)

Hello Friends. Most of today's post is about celebrating 10 years of Elizabeth hosting T-day parties on her blog .  If you have visited me before, you know that I regularily participate in T-day where we all post something about a drink of any type (the drink can be anything including water and the post can be a real drink, words, movies, art, etc.) on Tuesday (or Monday lol) and link it to Elizabeth's T-day blog post for the week.   This year Elizabeth is asking us to post several things in celebration of the big anniversary.   #1.   Post a picture of something that makes the number 10. I used 10 art supplies that were near me.  I am starting to make more Christmas cards so these were right at hand.  #2.   Post our regular T-day picture/post.  My drink picture today is a lunch we had in Tybee Island last week during our Georgia trip.  We ate at Pier 16 .  Great food and service. It was our favorite meal during the trip. ...