Skip to main content

Some Dolphins, flowers, and some trees

Got lots of playtime the last few days so I did a few more pages in Allie's Freshmen scrapbook and did a couple of SCS challenges.

For Case File #131 at CSI:



Allie's pictures with a dolphin were just too fun to scrap. For evidence, I used brads, asterisks (made with staples), wet medium (stickles applied using a water drop stencil), animal accents. The testimony was journaling using dialogue and journaling about an outdoor activity. I used the colors in the challenge and the sketch but I twisted the sketch up a bit.

The Inspiration Challenge on SCS this week involves the Country Curtains site and here is my card inspired by some Swiss Dot Curtains:


Also on SCS I played in the Mixed Media challenge which is about patches/scraps/patchwork. I used some leftover burlap and some scraps from a recent project to make a fun little tree. I know it isn't really patchwork but it is close as I cut a bunch of little circles of fabric and twisted them up and glued them down.


Lastly, I cased This gorgeous card done by my friend Katie (Mattsgirl on SCS) who was the Queen for the Day this week:


I used the new MFP Coneflowers set.

Fun couple of days!

Hugz!

Comments

  1. Your layouts are fabulous Nancy, such wonderful memories to document.
    I love your cards, such a gorgeous collection of different designs.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many fabulous (and creative) projects! Really love the fabric tree.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would LOVE to swim with dolphins!! Great pages. Wonderful white on white card with the sparkly tree and your fabric tree leaves are AMAZING!! Great mix of cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What amazing photographs and fabulous layouts! Love each one of the cards but I'm so partial to white on white, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have really been busy! so creative! Enjoyed seeing all your pages and cards...but my favorite is the sunflower card...Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What wonderful projects! I love the layouts and how they all perfectly coordinate! Your cards are something special too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a fun post, Nancy! Those dolphin layouts are sooooo sweet. Your girls are beautiful! I touched a dolphin in Mexico at a sanctuary type place. One of the coolest experiences of my life!

    Loved your cards, too. Each one is so different...that's what I love about your style. :) Hugz!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Unopened Mail And My Grocery List

We arrived back from our Las Vegas trip last night so the only thing on my Kitchen Counter is unopened mail and my grocery list.  I have looked up the recipes for most the great food we ate (or wish we ate) in Las Vegas including Bacon Waffles and Chicken and Waffles - so my counter top should look awesome tomorrow (or as soon as I get a waffle maker).  We had lots of fun in Las Vegas but not as much as Crystal and Joey.  If we were still 21 we would have had a blast!  No luck with gambling - but I only gained 1 pound which is a miracle! 

Christmas Mice

Hello Crafty Friends, Today, I am playing in some fun challenges with this cute card: The current House-Mouse &Friends Monday Challenge HMFMC #461 is Anything Goes with an optional theme of Pastels. I have some pastel paper in my layers. This card was made with ornaments from a SU! set, a cut up sentiment from RedLead Paperworks, and three mice I cut out of the Spellbinders Sew Sweet stamp set. The background was inspired by Jeanne Streiff's MIX challenge on Splitcoaststampers.com last Friday where she asked us to make a background using a die cut as a stencil. 

T is For 10 Years of T-Day, Too much food, and The Art (Always the Art)

Hello Friends. Most of today's post is about celebrating 10 years of Elizabeth hosting T-day parties on her blog .  If you have visited me before, you know that I regularily participate in T-day where we all post something about a drink of any type (the drink can be anything including water and the post can be a real drink, words, movies, art, etc.) on Tuesday (or Monday lol) and link it to Elizabeth's T-day blog post for the week.   This year Elizabeth is asking us to post several things in celebration of the big anniversary.   #1.   Post a picture of something that makes the number 10. I used 10 art supplies that were near me.  I am starting to make more Christmas cards so these were right at hand.  #2.   Post our regular T-day picture/post.  My drink picture today is a lunch we had in Tybee Island last week during our Georgia trip.  We ate at Pier 16 .  Great food and service. It was our favorite meal during the trip. ...