Skip to main content

A Beach Scene with "Stars"

The new DRS Designs Challenge is to use stars.  Any kind of stars will work - painted, drawn, splattered, stamped, die cut, movie stars, etc.  I went with "star" fish using the new 4-in-1 seashells stamp. 


I sponged a little beach scene with some sand, waves, and clouds.  I used the DRS Designs Splatter background stamp to add some pebbles to my sand. Then I added the new Adirondack Chair image to the one corner and the starfish from 4-in-1 seashells.  I placed that layer on top of a larger die cut panel stamped with Lines O'Plenty Background and then sponged in the die. It still needed something so I stamped my base with the Script Font Background and added a banner made with the Woven Plaid stamp.  I sponged the base using SU! Crumb Cake Ink.

This week I made another beach themed card using the 4-in-1 seashell stamp as well - it was supposed to be for a CAS challenge at Splitcoast Stampers but it somehow morphed into a totally non-CAS card - lol!



Another super fun challenge at DRS - I hope you join in the Star Challenge with us. 

Hugz

Comments

  1. Two brilliant cards Nancy, such a lovely summer scene and really creative use of the stamps.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are so beautiful! Makes me wish I was headed to the beach today.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two great cards using this wonderful stamps set, Nancy. Especially love the ocean scene ... looks so peaceful - wish I was there! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both cards are fabulous but the Christmas tree with star fish is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Both of these are really amazing creations Nancy!! LOVE the idea of using star fish and I can't get over how incredible your beach scenes are!! Stunning work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both cards are fabulous Nancy, you could just dive into the see on the first card, and your tree is wonderful
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Nancy! I love this Christmas at the beach theme!

    ReplyDelete
  8. both so stunning nancy.really love your fabulous design and your beach scene is beautiful :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are both gorgeous. The star fish Christmas tree is so creative and cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both are great cards! So creative. I like how you used stickles? for the water...so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Unopened Mail And My Grocery List

We arrived back from our Las Vegas trip last night so the only thing on my Kitchen Counter is unopened mail and my grocery list.  I have looked up the recipes for most the great food we ate (or wish we ate) in Las Vegas including Bacon Waffles and Chicken and Waffles - so my counter top should look awesome tomorrow (or as soon as I get a waffle maker).  We had lots of fun in Las Vegas but not as much as Crystal and Joey.  If we were still 21 we would have had a blast!  No luck with gambling - but I only gained 1 pound which is a miracle! 

Christmas Mice

Hello Crafty Friends, Today, I am playing in some fun challenges with this cute card: The current House-Mouse &Friends Monday Challenge HMFMC #461 is Anything Goes with an optional theme of Pastels. I have some pastel paper in my layers. This card was made with ornaments from a SU! set, a cut up sentiment from RedLead Paperworks, and three mice I cut out of the Spellbinders Sew Sweet stamp set. The background was inspired by Jeanne Streiff's MIX challenge on Splitcoaststampers.com last Friday where she asked us to make a background using a die cut as a stencil. 

T is For 10 Years of T-Day, Too much food, and The Art (Always the Art)

Hello Friends. Most of today's post is about celebrating 10 years of Elizabeth hosting T-day parties on her blog .  If you have visited me before, you know that I regularily participate in T-day where we all post something about a drink of any type (the drink can be anything including water and the post can be a real drink, words, movies, art, etc.) on Tuesday (or Monday lol) and link it to Elizabeth's T-day blog post for the week.   This year Elizabeth is asking us to post several things in celebration of the big anniversary.   #1.   Post a picture of something that makes the number 10. I used 10 art supplies that were near me.  I am starting to make more Christmas cards so these were right at hand.  #2.   Post our regular T-day picture/post.  My drink picture today is a lunch we had in Tybee Island last week during our Georgia trip.  We ate at Pier 16 .  Great food and service. It was our favorite meal during the trip. ...