Skip to main content

Back Again, Feeling Grateful and Some Art

Hello there!

Life and health have gotten in the way of posting, but I am much better now!  Turns out I have a small aortic dissection - they think it will heal with some blood thinners and time (keep your fingers crossed). 

I have messed you all!

Catching up with the T-gang over at Elizabeth's Blog with a cup of tea or whatever you want it to be.  The images are from Close to My Heart. I made this card yesterday for the Keeping Warm CAS challenge at Splitcoaststampers.com.

I am sharing a few of my favorite cards I have made the last week or two.  This next one was water colored for someone who is facing one of the biggest challenges we will all face in life.  I made the plaid in the background as well. 
This one was done for a save something from the bin challenge last week.  I had stamped the original panel crooked and a bit wobbly and was going to see if I could save it or needed to trash it.  The challenge inspired me to save it.  I recut it so the stamping looked more in line and sponged heavy around the edges to hide some of the blurred stamping.  It all worked out well.  The images are DRS Designs (script font background - retired) and Close to My Heart (Dragonfly Dreams)
This last one was for the Splitcoaststampers.com watercolor challenge last week and the Inspiration challenge (I was inspired by a photo of a tree).  The tree got a bit messed up when some water got on it so I turned the mess into a heart and stamped a heart sentiment.  Another save that worked well. 
The grandsons have all three started baseball practice with games starting in 2 weeks.  All three are on different teams this year so we will be struggling to make it to as many as possible and be as fair as possible.  Work is good - we will start going back one day a week in a month and build up to three.  After being at home most of the time for three years, this will be a tough adjustment and eat into my craft time - urgh.  I am loving my new position though so I will try it and see how it goes. 

Hope you are all doing really well.  I will visit very soon and try to catch up with everyone!

Hugz,

Nancy 

Comments

  1. Good morning, lovely card makin. hope you heal with no complications hugs Happy T

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Nancy. You've made some gorgeous cards lately. Sorry to hear about your small aortic dissection. That sounds very scary, but hopefully all will heal well. I will definitely keep my fingers crossed for you. And baseball season seems so far away here in NH. It's snowing today, but I will say I am ready for some spring weather so baseball can get played. Smile. I hope you have a great T day and week ahead. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, please, dear Nancy, be super-careful with blood-thinner. Is it Marcumar or such?
    Ingo just fell so quickly after getting up too quick he was not able to shield his face even, nose broken, blood everywhere and in the end it turned out a little aspirin can do a better, safer job!

    Better check with another doc?

    Wonderful cards! I hope I get it with watercolors some day... it´s so difficult!
    Yours are really very beautiful and sure will make the receivers happy!

    Wishing you fun and great colleagues in your new job!!!

    Hugz and a happy T-Day and week!
    (Blogger has the hiccups again)

    Please take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of these are fabulous. Love the great "save" on that tree! Very creative.
    Take care of yourself and glad you're doing better.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That was scary! Ofcourse anything to do with the heart is scary... I know this from hubs heart bypass 3 years ago.. Even if you just are the loved one of a heart patient... take care dear Nancy. ALL your cards are lovely my T friend. And i'm sure all the recipients will feel the love you put into them! Happy Tday! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope your are feeling much better. I know how life can get in the ay... (my not being to use my writing hand for two weeks stopped me from blogging. (but all i better now ) Your work is exceptional as always! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cards are gorgeous. So clever of you to turn and oops into a save. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your rose card especially, hope your health improves, Happy T Day! Elle/EOTC xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your cards are lovely! Good luck with getting back to work one day a week - here, many companies are back in person almost full time, inlcuding my husband's. I have been back in person since September 2021 - teaching online just is not as fun and also not as effective.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry to hear that you have been having health issues. We missed you last week.
    Your cards are so pretty but I really love the first one with the roses-beautiful!
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just got a phone call and was asked to take my friend Sally to the emergency room. I’ll be back, but must go NOW!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nancy! Welcome back! I was so sorry to hear how sick you were, but so glad you are better now. Good luck with your new position. I love all your gorgeous cards. :) hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nancy, these cards are just lovely. I am sorry you are having health issues. Sending healing energy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous art ! Do take care on your return to work! Belated Happy T Day,

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Forest Goodies and Other Projects

 Hello Crafty Friends. I just got the Stamperia Forest Paper and Die Cuts in the mail so I had to play with them right away.   I have a combo creation - journal page and card.  On the journal page I used my 6x6 Dina Wakley Journal and laid a base of gesso.  I then used Dina's pastel crayons and some SU! inks and stamps.  Also added in some TH Dress Ink in Vintage Photo since I don't know how to make anything without it  (seriously).   The eagle is a Stamperia Forest die cut and is coated with gesso.  Did a bit of stenciling and distressing to finish the page off.  I am linking this the the **Art*Journal*Journey* September Texture Theme (last day - can't wait to see what October's Theme will be).  The die cut and the little smears add texture to the already very textured page.   I love the blue and green together and was inspired to made a quick card for my Son-in-law who cut down some tree limbs for us the other day.  The paper in the middle is from the Stamperia Forest

A Martini, Peanut Butter Cupakes, and Art

Hello Friends. Today, I have an ecletic mix of drinks, dessert, and art. First, it's T-day somewhere in the world so time for a drink post which I am linking to Elizabeth's Blog - Altered Book Lover.  Last week we had a work related dinner.  When the waitress asked what I wanted to drink, I had a sudden craving for a martini.  I use to love them, but I guess my tastes have changed because I wasn't a fan.  I was a fan of the chips and dips though! And the day before, I brought my Sister's fabulous peanut butter cupcakes.  Mainly because I was craving them and couldn't ask her to make just one..... Over at **Art*Journal*Journey* Elle picked a theme of Books, Cats, and Tea (you can pick one, two or three of the items).  I did a Bible Journal Page in my Journaling Bible - Luke 13:24-25.  After a layer of Gesso, I took a Sharpie pen and drew the kitty, then the narrow door, and then colored the door with Arteza Brush pens. The verse was written with a Micron pen.  This

Milkshake Malt Porter and a Bit of Art

 Hello friends and Happy T-day. It has been hit or miss with me lately on T-day posts. The remodel of our house next door has taken our mental and physical energy.  I think a few more weeks and things will be on the contractor instead of us.  Hopefully I will be back to normal by then. My Oldest Darling Daughter asked if we wanted to come for dinner Saturday.  Translation:  go to the store with me and we will bring part of dinner to your house and you cook the rest.  While at the store, I saw one 6 pack of this fun milkshake porter so, of course, I bought it.  It smells wonderful (a hint of chocolate and a hit of malt) and has a light creamy taste.  I would definitely buy it again if I see it.  My son-in-law did not like it, but he is more a  Miller Lite fan.  Now if this had been a whiskey, he would have been all over it.  LOL.  Linking this to Elizabeth's blog for the T-party gang. Darling Daughter had tried her hand at dried pintos, and she rocked them (I will begging for a rep