Skip to main content

Lime-A-Ritas, Snacks, and a Bit of Halloween Art

Hello friends, I missed being on time for my Tuesday post because this has been a crazy week (linking up late to Elizabeth's blog anyway).  I didn't want to miss posting a drink for the week even with all the craziness.  My cousin and I use to have a ritual where a few nights a week we would sit on my deck, drink Line-A-Ritas, and solve the world's problems.  She moved away and we didn't have a chance to do it any longer.  She moved back a month ago so we met up for a few Ritas. It was too hot to sit outside so we sat inside.

We also snacked on some Doritos and Strawberry Cake (if we do it again we will have to leave off the snacks as I gained a pound that day - lol).  The drinks were also way sweeter than I remembered but the man at  our local country store told me how to fix that and even gave me one of the ingredients for the fix free.  I love that little store.

Why was this week so crazy?  Football practice, birthday party planning, two LARGE family gatherings, watching grandkids, and several sleepless nights worrying about our remodeling project next door. Looks like it will start soon but now we have limited time to clean it out before the remodelers come....

Here is some recent art - all of it a big scary....sorry but I love Halloween. 

The Danger Window is new from DRS Designs as are the sentiments.  I made this first background using and ink/spray/smash technique and then running it through an embossing folder lightly touched with black ink so the lines would show better.

This next background was done by sponging white paper ran through the same embossing folder as above.  The ghosts and spider web are Tim's Halloween Thinlets from few years back. 

This one was made using a lot of different leaves from Tim Holtz sets and the funky wreath die. I covered the leaves with inks and paints to get a spooky effect.  The spider is from Dollar Tree. 
Hope you have a great weekend!

Hugz,

Nancy




Comments

  1. I like this ritual you have with your cousin Nancy. It sounds like a fun time! And I'm also into making some fall and Halloween art. It's always exciting to get to this point in the year, isn't it? Have a great weekend. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great memories to share and have with someone! I've tried those Ritas and they're really good! Better with a friend though! Oh my goodness am I in love with your Halloween makes here! You always make some very fun and creative ideas for this season I love seeing what you come up with! These are brilliant my friend! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO SORRY I am late visiting. Just happened to notice you and Violetta had linked. Wow, those mango-ritas look interesting, but so do the snacks. I'd gain a pound too, I suspect.

    Those Halloween cards are fun. That one with the leaves on the wreath is out of this world!!!! Thanks for sharing your ritas and snacks, and your cards with us for T this week, dear Nancy. Again, sorry I was late visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like a fun ritual and I'm sure you both came up with better solutions than governments :)
    Great Halloween cards, the ghosts and pumpkins are so cute xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Nancy,
    how wonderful that your cousin returned and you were able to resume your ritual. I don't know any Line-A-Ritas (and if possible I don't drink anything out of aluminum cans because aluminum mining destroys rainforests), and I also think that more and more sugar is being added everywhere anyway - but I really like your ritual. I would probably just stick to the snacks ;-DD
    Your Halloween cards are great!
    I hope you can recover from the crazy week!
    Hugs and all the best from Austria, Traude
    🌺🪶🍂 🪶🌺
    https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2023/09/mamuz-im-schloss-asparn-40000-jahre.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Getting together for a fun visit sounds wonderful! Any eats and drinks would make it great too.
    best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for being so open and honest with us in your posts

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Forest Goodies and Other Projects

 Hello Crafty Friends. I just got the Stamperia Forest Paper and Die Cuts in the mail so I had to play with them right away.   I have a combo creation - journal page and card.  On the journal page I used my 6x6 Dina Wakley Journal and laid a base of gesso.  I then used Dina's pastel crayons and some SU! inks and stamps.  Also added in some TH Dress Ink in Vintage Photo since I don't know how to make anything without it  (seriously).   The eagle is a Stamperia Forest die cut and is coated with gesso.  Did a bit of stenciling and distressing to finish the page off.  I am linking this the the **Art*Journal*Journey* September Texture Theme (last day - can't wait to see what October's Theme will be).  The die cut and the little smears add texture to the already very textured page.   I love the blue and green together and was inspired to made a quick card for my Son-in-law who cut down some tree limbs for us the other day.  The paper in the middle is from the Stamperia Forest

Milkshake Malt Porter and a Bit of Art

 Hello friends and Happy T-day. It has been hit or miss with me lately on T-day posts. The remodel of our house next door has taken our mental and physical energy.  I think a few more weeks and things will be on the contractor instead of us.  Hopefully I will be back to normal by then. My Oldest Darling Daughter asked if we wanted to come for dinner Saturday.  Translation:  go to the store with me and we will bring part of dinner to your house and you cook the rest.  While at the store, I saw one 6 pack of this fun milkshake porter so, of course, I bought it.  It smells wonderful (a hint of chocolate and a hit of malt) and has a light creamy taste.  I would definitely buy it again if I see it.  My son-in-law did not like it, but he is more a  Miller Lite fan.  Now if this had been a whiskey, he would have been all over it.  LOL.  Linking this to Elizabeth's blog for the T-party gang. Darling Daughter had tried her hand at dried pintos, and she rocked them (I will begging for a rep

A Martini, Peanut Butter Cupakes, and Art

Hello Friends. Today, I have an ecletic mix of drinks, dessert, and art. First, it's T-day somewhere in the world so time for a drink post which I am linking to Elizabeth's Blog - Altered Book Lover.  Last week we had a work related dinner.  When the waitress asked what I wanted to drink, I had a sudden craving for a martini.  I use to love them, but I guess my tastes have changed because I wasn't a fan.  I was a fan of the chips and dips though! And the day before, I brought my Sister's fabulous peanut butter cupcakes.  Mainly because I was craving them and couldn't ask her to make just one..... Over at **Art*Journal*Journey* Elle picked a theme of Books, Cats, and Tea (you can pick one, two or three of the items).  I did a Bible Journal Page in my Journaling Bible - Luke 13:24-25.  After a layer of Gesso, I took a Sharpie pen and drew the kitty, then the narrow door, and then colored the door with Arteza Brush pens. The verse was written with a Micron pen.  This