Skip to main content

A Little Bit of Snow and We are Ready for Spring

We hardly ever get snow in Central Alabama, but we had a few sprinkles a week ago and quite a lot of snow yesterday. At our house we just had enough to make some ice this morning, but a few miles down south, they were making snowmen and snow angels.  There was even snow on the beach which only happens. It even broke Mobile's record from 1881. 

So, I am ready for the next season - bring on Spring!


This week's Art Nudge Challenge (125C) is a darling little snow scene:


It inspired me to sketch out some trees, snowbanks, and two cute girls. I painted them up using Daniel Smith watercolors. I used a few colors from the inspiration pallet but added in a lot of pink. My little scene reminds me of my sister and I when we first saw snow when visiting my grandmother in Mineola, Texas. That was such a treat for us Florida girls. 

There are lots of great prizes in the Art Nudge Challenge and it is open to any type of artist. You could stamp, draw, paint, sketch, bake, sculpt, do mixed media, scrapbook, art journal, etc. You can be inspired by the photo or the colors or both. Prizes are awarded monthly and this month there are 3 inspiration photos to inspire you.

Hugz,

Nancy


Comments

  1. Really adorable two snow related art works Nancy 😍 I love both beautifully made art pieces 😊
    Have a wonderful snow time there 😊❄️☃️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now how adorable and cute are these girls! Love all of that beautiful texture on your card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice pictures, and thanks for visiting my blog. Have a great winter-time
    Violetta

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Unopened Mail And My Grocery List

We arrived back from our Las Vegas trip last night so the only thing on my Kitchen Counter is unopened mail and my grocery list.  I have looked up the recipes for most the great food we ate (or wish we ate) in Las Vegas including Bacon Waffles and Chicken and Waffles - so my counter top should look awesome tomorrow (or as soon as I get a waffle maker).  We had lots of fun in Las Vegas but not as much as Crystal and Joey.  If we were still 21 we would have had a blast!  No luck with gambling - but I only gained 1 pound which is a miracle! 

Christmas Mice

Hello Crafty Friends, Today, I am playing in some fun challenges with this cute card: The current House-Mouse &Friends Monday Challenge HMFMC #461 is Anything Goes with an optional theme of Pastels. I have some pastel paper in my layers. This card was made with ornaments from a SU! set, a cut up sentiment from RedLead Paperworks, and three mice I cut out of the Spellbinders Sew Sweet stamp set. The background was inspired by Jeanne Streiff's MIX challenge on Splitcoaststampers.com last Friday where she asked us to make a background using a die cut as a stencil. 

T is For 10 Years of T-Day, Too much food, and The Art (Always the Art)

Hello Friends. Most of today's post is about celebrating 10 years of Elizabeth hosting T-day parties on her blog .  If you have visited me before, you know that I regularily participate in T-day where we all post something about a drink of any type (the drink can be anything including water and the post can be a real drink, words, movies, art, etc.) on Tuesday (or Monday lol) and link it to Elizabeth's T-day blog post for the week.   This year Elizabeth is asking us to post several things in celebration of the big anniversary.   #1.   Post a picture of something that makes the number 10. I used 10 art supplies that were near me.  I am starting to make more Christmas cards so these were right at hand.  #2.   Post our regular T-day picture/post.  My drink picture today is a lunch we had in Tybee Island last week during our Georgia trip.  We ate at Pier 16 .  Great food and service. It was our favorite meal during the trip. ...