Skip to main content

Alice and Some Mushrooms

I love challenges that stretch your imagination so I was so happy to see this week's Octopode Factory Friday challenge: Mushrooms. I own one little mushroom image, and it just wouldn't work for this challenge. I ended up drawing my own 'shrooms, and I love how they came out. The Alice with Teapot Octopode image seemed to fit perfectly in this mushroom forest.

I love easel cards so I assembled it all on a scalloped circle easel card vase and added some handmade flowers made with the Spellbinder Blossom die and the EK Sucess 5 petal flower punch. I wet the 5 petal flower punches and twisted them to get this look. On the Blossom flower, I broke down the SU! cardstock with a stylus until it seperated and then cut the petals so they curled up.

I love this quote from Alice in Wonderland it seems to fit today's political environment perfectly. LOL!

If you are interested in playing in the mushroom challenge (TOFF#36) click here.

Hugz to all!!!

Comments

  1. Great easel card - really must make one as I never have before. Well done on the flowers and 'shrooms :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully done, my friend!! I love your flowers and the 'shromms turned out great! Fun card! My mom is watching Alice in Wonderland right now! (The one with Johnny Depp) My mom will be 97 next month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome shrooms & flowers.. excellant co-ordination and prsentation..
    samir

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl, you are cracking me up....great sentiment. Now, you can draw?? Wow! You're so talented. Next thing I know you'll be drawing digi images and selling them. Super job with the flowers, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. as has already been said, brilliant easel
    barbara

    ReplyDelete
  6. So much in this fantastic creation!! Love the whole layout :) Thanks for playing at TOFF this week !!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Unopened Mail And My Grocery List

We arrived back from our Las Vegas trip last night so the only thing on my Kitchen Counter is unopened mail and my grocery list.  I have looked up the recipes for most the great food we ate (or wish we ate) in Las Vegas including Bacon Waffles and Chicken and Waffles - so my counter top should look awesome tomorrow (or as soon as I get a waffle maker).  We had lots of fun in Las Vegas but not as much as Crystal and Joey.  If we were still 21 we would have had a blast!  No luck with gambling - but I only gained 1 pound which is a miracle! 

Christmas Mice

Hello Crafty Friends, Today, I am playing in some fun challenges with this cute card: The current House-Mouse &Friends Monday Challenge HMFMC #461 is Anything Goes with an optional theme of Pastels. I have some pastel paper in my layers. This card was made with ornaments from a SU! set, a cut up sentiment from RedLead Paperworks, and three mice I cut out of the Spellbinders Sew Sweet stamp set. The background was inspired by Jeanne Streiff's MIX challenge on Splitcoaststampers.com last Friday where she asked us to make a background using a die cut as a stencil. 

T is For 10 Years of T-Day, Too much food, and The Art (Always the Art)

Hello Friends. Most of today's post is about celebrating 10 years of Elizabeth hosting T-day parties on her blog .  If you have visited me before, you know that I regularily participate in T-day where we all post something about a drink of any type (the drink can be anything including water and the post can be a real drink, words, movies, art, etc.) on Tuesday (or Monday lol) and link it to Elizabeth's T-day blog post for the week.   This year Elizabeth is asking us to post several things in celebration of the big anniversary.   #1.   Post a picture of something that makes the number 10. I used 10 art supplies that were near me.  I am starting to make more Christmas cards so these were right at hand.  #2.   Post our regular T-day picture/post.  My drink picture today is a lunch we had in Tybee Island last week during our Georgia trip.  We ate at Pier 16 .  Great food and service. It was our favorite meal during the trip. ...