Skip to main content

Big Dreams

It's Guest Designer/Freebie Week at Dude Time Doodles. We do this once a month, and it is your chance to snag a fun digi if you promise to play with it and enter it in our challenge this week (the prize is wonderful so be sure and read the short list of rules). The challenge actually runs two weeks this month since there is an extra Wednesday - so you have extra time to play.

The free image is the Youth Football image which is perfect for this time of year! Last weekend was the first sign up date for Youth Football in our area and there were lines down the streets!!! Football is huge in Alabama!!! I colored my image to match up with Prattville colors (the school won the 6-A State Championship again this year - they are amazing). All the little boys in the area dream of playing on that team and they start early. Well, that sums up extent of what I know about football other than that there is a ball, field, goal, and some rules (like head for the women's restroom 10 minutes before half time so you don't have to wait in line long)!


I also used the star out of the CowPoke Cal Set - I just printed it out on red paper and cut out the star part. My star brads were a gift from my friend Stacy (Twinshappy on SCS), the blue jean paper is from Hobby Lobby, the CS is from SU!, and I used Stickles on the stars and parts of the jersey.

Come join in the fun!

Hugz!

Comments

  1. Absolutely terrific card Nancy! Thanks for the lesson in football, never knew there was a ball!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant card Nancy, I like the colours the stars and the sentiment.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic card!! Love the little dude and you've used him so brilliantly in this fab layout :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun card! Love the denim paper and the bright red star. Very cool design too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a darling image and so wonderfully colored as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card, Nancy! Love what Tammy said in her comment (my laugh for the day). Now, you must not leave for the restroom early or you may miss the biggest play of the game...maybe even a touchdown. LOL
    Love your fun card and the fab sentiment.

    Pssst...take a peek on my blog today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute card - love the little embellishments!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the denim paired with red, football images and stars. How much more American can you get??

    ReplyDelete
  9. So fun Nancy! You did such a fabulous job with this freebie! Love the bkgrd and the red just pops! Like Tammy, I learned some things about football too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This card is absolutley adorable and the sentiment is perfect. Such a cute image!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Unopened Mail And My Grocery List

We arrived back from our Las Vegas trip last night so the only thing on my Kitchen Counter is unopened mail and my grocery list.  I have looked up the recipes for most the great food we ate (or wish we ate) in Las Vegas including Bacon Waffles and Chicken and Waffles - so my counter top should look awesome tomorrow (or as soon as I get a waffle maker).  We had lots of fun in Las Vegas but not as much as Crystal and Joey.  If we were still 21 we would have had a blast!  No luck with gambling - but I only gained 1 pound which is a miracle! 

Christmas Mice

Hello Crafty Friends, Today, I am playing in some fun challenges with this cute card: The current House-Mouse &Friends Monday Challenge HMFMC #461 is Anything Goes with an optional theme of Pastels. I have some pastel paper in my layers. This card was made with ornaments from a SU! set, a cut up sentiment from RedLead Paperworks, and three mice I cut out of the Spellbinders Sew Sweet stamp set. The background was inspired by Jeanne Streiff's MIX challenge on Splitcoaststampers.com last Friday where she asked us to make a background using a die cut as a stencil. 

T is For 10 Years of T-Day, Too much food, and The Art (Always the Art)

Hello Friends. Most of today's post is about celebrating 10 years of Elizabeth hosting T-day parties on her blog .  If you have visited me before, you know that I regularily participate in T-day where we all post something about a drink of any type (the drink can be anything including water and the post can be a real drink, words, movies, art, etc.) on Tuesday (or Monday lol) and link it to Elizabeth's T-day blog post for the week.   This year Elizabeth is asking us to post several things in celebration of the big anniversary.   #1.   Post a picture of something that makes the number 10. I used 10 art supplies that were near me.  I am starting to make more Christmas cards so these were right at hand.  #2.   Post our regular T-day picture/post.  My drink picture today is a lunch we had in Tybee Island last week during our Georgia trip.  We ate at Pier 16 .  Great food and service. It was our favorite meal during the trip. ...