Skip to main content

Birthday Humor

This week at Dude Time Doodles it is a fun inspirational challenge:


I used Mitch Magistrate for my card. I needed a birthday card for a friend at work, and I know he will love this image.


I love sentiments and often use them to add humor and fun to my cards. This week we are sponsored by TLC Creations and the challenge winner will receive a $10 certificate. I just discovered TLC Creations, and their stuff is AMAZING! They have any kind of sentiment you could think of - funny, sweet, touching, inspiring, current, vintage, etc. Here is a card I just made with their Leaves of Fall Sentiment set:




Hope you will join us in our Add a Sentiment challenge (remember your creation should be for a Dude).

Hugz!





Comments

  1. Mitch is terrific! Love the great background. Sweet worry card, love its simplicity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant! Fabulous colours and a perfect sentiment. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mitch just scared me. I opened and the sentiment downloaded but there was an empty space where the front of the card should be, then suddenly Mitch popped up. It was quite a scare. LOL
    Your friend is sure to get a kick out of this fun card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic design! Love how his chin and finger are outside the box! Great looking card and I know your friend will love it too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous image and sentiment also. I know several guys that would love to receive that card. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant cards Nancy, Mitch looks like he is coming out of the card, I like the sweet leaf card too.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for my morning giggle. Top card is too fun. Loving all the leaves peeking out from behind the sentiment panel on the second card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lol, fantastic Nancy! I love Mitch, he looks like he's popping right off of that card!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card Nancy. Love what you have done with this image and the great sentiment. I could use this for a lot of male friends lol.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two great cards!! Mitch is a seriously scary dude and I just love the total simplicity of the leaf card :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a fun card...nice job with making it. My hubby's birthday was last week, could have used this for him. He took it so hard...LOL. So Grumpy about turning another year older.

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOL you would be too scared not to have a great birthday with the look on his face!!!! A great card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Two cute cards. Now that first one would scare me into having a super good time. LOL

    If you have my email addy, send me a email. I don't have yours.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous cards Nancy :-)both are gorgeous but I do love the Birthday Judge ,, what a fab image :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Unopened Mail And My Grocery List

We arrived back from our Las Vegas trip last night so the only thing on my Kitchen Counter is unopened mail and my grocery list.  I have looked up the recipes for most the great food we ate (or wish we ate) in Las Vegas including Bacon Waffles and Chicken and Waffles - so my counter top should look awesome tomorrow (or as soon as I get a waffle maker).  We had lots of fun in Las Vegas but not as much as Crystal and Joey.  If we were still 21 we would have had a blast!  No luck with gambling - but I only gained 1 pound which is a miracle! 

Christmas Mice

Hello Crafty Friends, Today, I am playing in some fun challenges with this cute card: The current House-Mouse &Friends Monday Challenge HMFMC #461 is Anything Goes with an optional theme of Pastels. I have some pastel paper in my layers. This card was made with ornaments from a SU! set, a cut up sentiment from RedLead Paperworks, and three mice I cut out of the Spellbinders Sew Sweet stamp set. The background was inspired by Jeanne Streiff's MIX challenge on Splitcoaststampers.com last Friday where she asked us to make a background using a die cut as a stencil. 

T is For 10 Years of T-Day, Too much food, and The Art (Always the Art)

Hello Friends. Most of today's post is about celebrating 10 years of Elizabeth hosting T-day parties on her blog .  If you have visited me before, you know that I regularily participate in T-day where we all post something about a drink of any type (the drink can be anything including water and the post can be a real drink, words, movies, art, etc.) on Tuesday (or Monday lol) and link it to Elizabeth's T-day blog post for the week.   This year Elizabeth is asking us to post several things in celebration of the big anniversary.   #1.   Post a picture of something that makes the number 10. I used 10 art supplies that were near me.  I am starting to make more Christmas cards so these were right at hand.  #2.   Post our regular T-day picture/post.  My drink picture today is a lunch we had in Tybee Island last week during our Georgia trip.  We ate at Pier 16 .  Great food and service. It was our favorite meal during the trip. ...