Skip to main content

A Cute Old Man and Some Christmas Lights

Yes, today a cute old man and some Christmas lights are on my kitchen counter. You just never know what is going to be on my counter. Sometimes real people sit on my counter but today it is an adorable, but fictional, old man drawn by Lynne Stansbery and available at Squigglefly (it is called Smile Pretty). I paired him up with a sentiment by Charlene Mitchell called You Light Up My Life. I made this for the latest Squigglefly Challenge (SFC07-14) - Use both a digital image and digital sentiment on your card or other creation.


My easel card is made with a Spellbinders die, The Paper Studio CS, and dp by Creative Inspirations. The string of lights was used on a card over three years ago and were purchased at Michaels but I don't know the producing company. I gave this card to my parents with some boxes of Girl Scout Cookies and they loved it.

Hope you will join us in the challenge - remember there are some really cute freebie images at Squigglefly if you don't have one.

Hugz!

Comments

  1. I'll bet your parents likes this card even better than the Girl Scout Cookies and that is hard to accomplish. LOL. Your stash has some real nice papers in it. I think the easel card was perfect for this image and the Christmas lights are the perfect embellishment for this sentiment. Wishing you a fun day. Can;t wait to see what on your counter next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy, this is the sweetest card and I love it is an easel. The string of lights is perfect with that sentiment. I'm sure your parents loved it...and the cookies. BTW, I love your dp.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynne Stansbery is my favorite artist at Squigglefly. Love his card. I'm sure your parents did too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun image and you have coloured him fabulously!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a brilliant card, such a wonderful image and great design.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great image...reminds me a little bit of how my FIL looked...I think he would have liked this card...You did a very nice job with the card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this ole guy, he always makes me smile! Great card and I know your parents will be happy to get the cookies too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is absolutely brilliant Nancy,
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome card with this great image Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card and design. He looks like he has lots of stories to tell :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nancy, I am loving this cute card. Great coloring and I love the lights.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this card - that image is just so fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh Nancy, this is so dang cute! I love your coloring on this old man, and pairing it with the sentiment and the Christmas lights is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A wonderful masculine card with so much character. Love the earthy tones.
    {Would love you to visit my blog and join my 800 Follower Give-Away. Thank you so much, if you have already entered, and good luck.}
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  15. He is adorable with his lovely smile and those lights.

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMGosh I love this! Fabulous image and I love your card design and the lights are perfect with your sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is adorable. This picture reminds me of John's Dad....lol The Christmas lights are a hoot. How fun and fabulous.
    Bear Hugs,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Unopened Mail And My Grocery List

We arrived back from our Las Vegas trip last night so the only thing on my Kitchen Counter is unopened mail and my grocery list.  I have looked up the recipes for most the great food we ate (or wish we ate) in Las Vegas including Bacon Waffles and Chicken and Waffles - so my counter top should look awesome tomorrow (or as soon as I get a waffle maker).  We had lots of fun in Las Vegas but not as much as Crystal and Joey.  If we were still 21 we would have had a blast!  No luck with gambling - but I only gained 1 pound which is a miracle! 

Christmas Mice

Hello Crafty Friends, Today, I am playing in some fun challenges with this cute card: The current House-Mouse &Friends Monday Challenge HMFMC #461 is Anything Goes with an optional theme of Pastels. I have some pastel paper in my layers. This card was made with ornaments from a SU! set, a cut up sentiment from RedLead Paperworks, and three mice I cut out of the Spellbinders Sew Sweet stamp set. The background was inspired by Jeanne Streiff's MIX challenge on Splitcoaststampers.com last Friday where she asked us to make a background using a die cut as a stencil. 

T is For 10 Years of T-Day, Too much food, and The Art (Always the Art)

Hello Friends. Most of today's post is about celebrating 10 years of Elizabeth hosting T-day parties on her blog .  If you have visited me before, you know that I regularily participate in T-day where we all post something about a drink of any type (the drink can be anything including water and the post can be a real drink, words, movies, art, etc.) on Tuesday (or Monday lol) and link it to Elizabeth's T-day blog post for the week.   This year Elizabeth is asking us to post several things in celebration of the big anniversary.   #1.   Post a picture of something that makes the number 10. I used 10 art supplies that were near me.  I am starting to make more Christmas cards so these were right at hand.  #2.   Post our regular T-day picture/post.  My drink picture today is a lunch we had in Tybee Island last week during our Georgia trip.  We ate at Pier 16 .  Great food and service. It was our favorite meal during the trip. ...