Skip to main content

A Fun Scrapbook Page

This weekend I did another page in Allie's Freshman Scrapbook. I decided to try some water colors and dug out my sewing machine I got for Christmas. For inspiration, I used the Scraplift Challenge on SCS and cased Val's page HERE plus the CSI#124 where I picked butterflies, glitter and watercolor plus the required colors and a bit of glitter on my journaling.



In this picture, Allie and her "sisters" were getting ready to do some pumpkin carving - love the picture. I had Allie go through all the remaining pictures and tell me which ones she absolutely wanted me to include. I could see the end of the tunnel and was getting pretty excited. Then I realized I had not printed any of her Spring formal pictures. A few days later she announced she decided to start dating Jud (the guy I have always wanted her to date), took up paddle-boarding, went to the beach, went hiking.... so now it is looking like I have a lot more to go. LOL!

Hugz!!!!

Comments

  1. Great page and I love the water colors on here. Alli looks gorgeous as usual. Congrats on Alli picking the guy you like to date. That doesn't happen too often. Can't wait to see more pages. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your page is amazing! Alli is going to have a fabulous keepsake of her Freshman year at UAB that she'll treasure always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fabulous layout, I love the stitched detail and your paint effect - beautiful photo as always.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun picture and a great job with the layout. Glad she is dating someone you approve of :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great scrapbook page Nancy. It will be treasured for years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you connected the colors! Fabulous layout and fun picture!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love what you have done here Nancy the paint effect looks great and its a beautiful pic.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Unopened Mail And My Grocery List

We arrived back from our Las Vegas trip last night so the only thing on my Kitchen Counter is unopened mail and my grocery list.  I have looked up the recipes for most the great food we ate (or wish we ate) in Las Vegas including Bacon Waffles and Chicken and Waffles - so my counter top should look awesome tomorrow (or as soon as I get a waffle maker).  We had lots of fun in Las Vegas but not as much as Crystal and Joey.  If we were still 21 we would have had a blast!  No luck with gambling - but I only gained 1 pound which is a miracle! 

Christmas Mice

Hello Crafty Friends, Today, I am playing in some fun challenges with this cute card: The current House-Mouse &Friends Monday Challenge HMFMC #461 is Anything Goes with an optional theme of Pastels. I have some pastel paper in my layers. This card was made with ornaments from a SU! set, a cut up sentiment from RedLead Paperworks, and three mice I cut out of the Spellbinders Sew Sweet stamp set. The background was inspired by Jeanne Streiff's MIX challenge on Splitcoaststampers.com last Friday where she asked us to make a background using a die cut as a stencil. 

T is For 10 Years of T-Day, Too much food, and The Art (Always the Art)

Hello Friends. Most of today's post is about celebrating 10 years of Elizabeth hosting T-day parties on her blog .  If you have visited me before, you know that I regularily participate in T-day where we all post something about a drink of any type (the drink can be anything including water and the post can be a real drink, words, movies, art, etc.) on Tuesday (or Monday lol) and link it to Elizabeth's T-day blog post for the week.   This year Elizabeth is asking us to post several things in celebration of the big anniversary.   #1.   Post a picture of something that makes the number 10. I used 10 art supplies that were near me.  I am starting to make more Christmas cards so these were right at hand.  #2.   Post our regular T-day picture/post.  My drink picture today is a lunch we had in Tybee Island last week during our Georgia trip.  We ate at Pier 16 .  Great food and service. It was our favorite meal during the trip. ...