Skip to main content

Watercolor Creations

This week my kitchen counter has been covered in watercolor supplies and paper. I saw so many wonderful cards done by students in the Watercolor for CardMakers classes that I decided to sign up myself.

Here are my creations from classes 1-6 (I combined them into 3 cards). I had lots of attempts - but these are the only ones I am willing to share - LOL! I love, love, love the classes and encourage you to take them if you get a chance.

Class 1&2 - Watercolor backgrounds:


I used watercolor paints and a Prima stencil on this one. I learned that a smaller brush is not a good idea when doing color washes.

Class 3&4 - Watercolor Stamping


I learned not to keep stamping when everything is wet but I still like how it came out.

Class 5&6 - Watercoloring Stamped Images


I used SU! Fabulous Florets images and Tim Holtz Distress Inks - I really like how this came out. I watercolored my rolled roses too.

Fun stuff - hope you are having a fab weekend!

Hugz!

Comments

  1. Oh, you're learning so much in your water color class and doing some wonderful pieces. They're all very pretty, Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Each one is gorgeous! You're teacher must be very proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are all beautiful Nancy!!!
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. My goodness Nancy. You have stepped up to the plate and smash one to the wall. Great work on all three.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a great job on all of these and I'll bet your others are just as lovely. I am thinking of signing up for that class also. I love that you can sign up at any time. I have also seen some wonderful card come out of that class and yours' are no exception. Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. these are beautiful nancy.gorgeous pretty designs and images :D

    xx coops xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are wonderful! You go girl. Love the blooming bush out the window and the gorgeous flowers on the last one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Wow! A+ on all your cards...You sure were inspired by those classes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are beautiful, I love them all but the little scene through the window has to be my favourite. I have joined a couple of these online classes, they are brilliant - I especially enjoyed the CAS ones.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful watercoloring on both cards! I love those silhouette floral images against that pretty background on the 1st, and the scene you created on the 2nd is just wonderful! NJ!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh they're all lovely! Such pretty cards :o) Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  12. so happy to see these elegant cards..that too you just learned water coloring..but looks like created by experienced professional on water color.. happy learning Nancy.. all three are equally beautiful..but i liked the 3rd card (flower one) the most
    -- samir

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, all of these are gorgeous. I especially like the second one, looking through the window.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Unopened Mail And My Grocery List

We arrived back from our Las Vegas trip last night so the only thing on my Kitchen Counter is unopened mail and my grocery list.  I have looked up the recipes for most the great food we ate (or wish we ate) in Las Vegas including Bacon Waffles and Chicken and Waffles - so my counter top should look awesome tomorrow (or as soon as I get a waffle maker).  We had lots of fun in Las Vegas but not as much as Crystal and Joey.  If we were still 21 we would have had a blast!  No luck with gambling - but I only gained 1 pound which is a miracle! 

Christmas Mice

Hello Crafty Friends, Today, I am playing in some fun challenges with this cute card: The current House-Mouse &Friends Monday Challenge HMFMC #461 is Anything Goes with an optional theme of Pastels. I have some pastel paper in my layers. This card was made with ornaments from a SU! set, a cut up sentiment from RedLead Paperworks, and three mice I cut out of the Spellbinders Sew Sweet stamp set. The background was inspired by Jeanne Streiff's MIX challenge on Splitcoaststampers.com last Friday where she asked us to make a background using a die cut as a stencil. 

T is For 10 Years of T-Day, Too much food, and The Art (Always the Art)

Hello Friends. Most of today's post is about celebrating 10 years of Elizabeth hosting T-day parties on her blog .  If you have visited me before, you know that I regularily participate in T-day where we all post something about a drink of any type (the drink can be anything including water and the post can be a real drink, words, movies, art, etc.) on Tuesday (or Monday lol) and link it to Elizabeth's T-day blog post for the week.   This year Elizabeth is asking us to post several things in celebration of the big anniversary.   #1.   Post a picture of something that makes the number 10. I used 10 art supplies that were near me.  I am starting to make more Christmas cards so these were right at hand.  #2.   Post our regular T-day picture/post.  My drink picture today is a lunch we had in Tybee Island last week during our Georgia trip.  We ate at Pier 16 .  Great food and service. It was our favorite meal during the trip. ...