Skip to main content

Church Ladies and Butterflies

Try it on Tuesday is all about some stencils, but I tried them on Friday - lol.  
Psalms 117 - A Call to Praise.  Thought some church ladies would work well for this one. I should have done them singing, but we will just say they finished up the song.  Drew the ladies, painted them up with water colors, wrote in the scripture, and stenciled on some butterflies (Magenta stencil) with SU! inks.  

I also made a card to match with the BAJ page I did the other day:
Used the same paper done by my Grandson, Lewis, but I cut it out in strips.  Stenciled on some chicken wire with yellow and brown ink, then stamped with some bubble wrap.  The sentiment is from the Rooted in Nature SU! set.  The old butterfly was gray but is now green thanks to some Dylusions Ink Spray.  

Thanks for visiting!  Hugz

Comments

  1. Lovely page for TIOT, I'm sure it's good to craft on other days, too! Love the ladies in their best hats. And that's a great card, too. Have a lovely day, take care and stay safe, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. The church ladies are so cute and fun. Love your journal page and that beautiful card too. I know if makes everything special when you have something your grandson made.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun pages, especially those church ladies. Or maybe they are all going for high tea? These are great additions to Try It on Tuesday, even if you tried it on Friday. Thanks so much for joining us.Have a great start to your weekend. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. great Journal images Nancy love those butterflies flowing over the church ladies and the stencilling over the second image :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely pages and card Nancy, your church ladies are fabulous.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. The church-going ladies all in their millinery finery made me smile - and I love the colourful bees and honeycomb with the matching card - so pretty.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE your stencil work! And gorgeous ladies!!! Thanks for joining us at Try it on Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Unopened Mail And My Grocery List

We arrived back from our Las Vegas trip last night so the only thing on my Kitchen Counter is unopened mail and my grocery list.  I have looked up the recipes for most the great food we ate (or wish we ate) in Las Vegas including Bacon Waffles and Chicken and Waffles - so my counter top should look awesome tomorrow (or as soon as I get a waffle maker).  We had lots of fun in Las Vegas but not as much as Crystal and Joey.  If we were still 21 we would have had a blast!  No luck with gambling - but I only gained 1 pound which is a miracle! 

Christmas Mice

Hello Crafty Friends, Today, I am playing in some fun challenges with this cute card: The current House-Mouse &Friends Monday Challenge HMFMC #461 is Anything Goes with an optional theme of Pastels. I have some pastel paper in my layers. This card was made with ornaments from a SU! set, a cut up sentiment from RedLead Paperworks, and three mice I cut out of the Spellbinders Sew Sweet stamp set. The background was inspired by Jeanne Streiff's MIX challenge on Splitcoaststampers.com last Friday where she asked us to make a background using a die cut as a stencil. 

T is For 10 Years of T-Day, Too much food, and The Art (Always the Art)

Hello Friends. Most of today's post is about celebrating 10 years of Elizabeth hosting T-day parties on her blog .  If you have visited me before, you know that I regularily participate in T-day where we all post something about a drink of any type (the drink can be anything including water and the post can be a real drink, words, movies, art, etc.) on Tuesday (or Monday lol) and link it to Elizabeth's T-day blog post for the week.   This year Elizabeth is asking us to post several things in celebration of the big anniversary.   #1.   Post a picture of something that makes the number 10. I used 10 art supplies that were near me.  I am starting to make more Christmas cards so these were right at hand.  #2.   Post our regular T-day picture/post.  My drink picture today is a lunch we had in Tybee Island last week during our Georgia trip.  We ate at Pier 16 .  Great food and service. It was our favorite meal during the trip. ...