Skip to main content

Moon Pie Beer and Art

Hello friends.

Our local rural grocery had some super fun beer so, of course, I bought it even though it was horribly expensive.  Seriously, who can pass up beer made from moon pies?
The beer is made by Naked River Brewing Co. out of Chattanooga, Tn. It is 8.5% alcohol (probably part of why it is so expensive), and the can says it is actually made with fresh baked moon pies in collaboration with the Chattanooga Bakery (where the original moonpies became famous).  I could not pass it up.  It was awesome!  I will buy it again if I ever find it again.  Our grocery usually only buys a few of the fun beers and when they are gone, they are gone....

This is my ticket to Elizabeth's T-day party where we all share something related to a drink (of any kind and in any media).  I am a day late, but yesterday was a birthday day in our family so we had to do some party prep to try and make it special - so hard to do birthdays during football and fall ball seasons.  

Some art from this week. 

This card was done for the Watercolor Wednesday challenge on Splitcoaststampers.com. I used THIS video to learn to make it, and I used Daniel Smith watercolors and regular paper. The Pumpkin Patch sign is from a DRS Designs image. 
These cards were made for the Featured Stamper challenge on Splitcoaststampers.com and I cased THIS card by Carol Dee.  The images are from Rubbernecker, Impression Obsession, and Redlead Paperworks plus you can see the light stamping of the DRS Designs Script Font background (my favorite image) on the card on the right. The background was made using the ink/spray/smash technique, but I couldn't find my sprayer so they were actually made with the ink/splash water from a cup/smash technique. LOL.
Layered stamping was the Ways to Use It challenge at Splitcoaststampers.com.  The challenge was to use layered stamps or to do the stamp kissing technique.  I went with layered stamps and used the SU! To A Wild Rose set.  I fussy cut the focal rose and did several stacked layers as well.  I losely stamped the Birthday Sheet Music image from DRS Designs in the background because all that white space was freaking me out.  All the colored inks are Tim Holtz Distress Inks or Oxide Inks plus I used Close to My Heart Black ink. 
My last card was sent off to a little boy boy battling a giant health monster.  He loves spiderman so I used a spiderman digi I bought on Etsy for my grandson's birthday card.  I also stamped a Tim Holtz spiderweb just for fun. 

Hope the rest of your week goes well and happy late T-day to my T-day friends.

Hugz,

Nancy

Comments

  1. That beer would be so much fun to try!
    Love all your cards and especially the ones with watercolor. The spiderman card is precious too.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. moon pie is really unlikely as a beer flavor!

    best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great name, no wonder you couldn't resist! Love those watercolour pumpkins! Happy T Day! Elle/EOTC xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would try that beer too. I'm wondering if they add moon pie "mush" to their fermentation process. But it sounds good. And your art is beautiful this week. Those painted pumpkins are beautiful. I hope your grandson enjoys his spiderman card. Its very cute. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Erika, I think that is what they do with the beer. The can also says keep refrigerated or there may be another fermentation process - guessing because of the high sugar content.

      Delete
  5. Moon Pie from Naked People - who could ever resist?!
    8.5%, huhhhh... you go to sleep quickly then ;-)
    I never even had a moon pie...

    I´ll check the video later, thank you - I just started with watercolor!
    (We´re off to Berlin in an hour, so...)
    Your Pumpkin Patch looks wonderful!!!
    And the flower card! Is there a video on how to do that?
    Cute Spiderman.
    Great post, oh, I crave such a beer, LOL, hugz!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No video on the flower card. The stamp set is the key - it is multilayered stamp. You stamp one color with the base stamp then another color with another stamp that has a bit more detail, then yet another color with another stamp that is smaller and has less detail. There is also an outline stamp and the base leaf and the outline of the leaf. So I stamped the outline stamp all around the paper but made sure their was one where my focal point would be. On a sperate paper, I stamped the flower using all the steps above but did it two times so I could fussy cut one of them and add only a portion on top so it looked like the flower was physically dimensional as well as visually. Next I did on leaf set and fussy cut it and then added the words. I sounds like a lot but I got it done pretty quickly. I could have achieved it with paint and sketching too - you don't have to have stamps. I may try that.

      Delete
  6. P.S. ... can you explain what you meant with you threw your clock? Reminds me of Smørrebrød, Smørrebrød, rom-pom-pom-pom? LOL (I was too young for The Muppet´s Show, but the cook was a hit always).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, Iris. I was very sleepy and the clock was being very loud and my hand reached over to turn it off and instead I swept the clock across the room. It was a small battery operated clock and now the hands won't move so I broke it good. Luckily, Amazon could deliver a new one in 2 days.

      Delete
  7. moon pie beer I just can't imagine what that tastes like :). I'm so impressed with your pumpkin card amazing take on the watercolour technique. But I think my favourite is the Rubbernecker wildflowers in the wind.xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful watercolor, Nancy. All your cards are wonderfully done. I would have never thought of a moon pie beer! You find the most unusual beer names, and types. Happy very late T Day! LOL It is time for a new party!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such beautiful watercolor Nancy! I love that Autumn field and look forward to doing some apple picking soon! That spiderman is adorable! What a great selection of makes here my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Unopened Mail And My Grocery List

We arrived back from our Las Vegas trip last night so the only thing on my Kitchen Counter is unopened mail and my grocery list.  I have looked up the recipes for most the great food we ate (or wish we ate) in Las Vegas including Bacon Waffles and Chicken and Waffles - so my counter top should look awesome tomorrow (or as soon as I get a waffle maker).  We had lots of fun in Las Vegas but not as much as Crystal and Joey.  If we were still 21 we would have had a blast!  No luck with gambling - but I only gained 1 pound which is a miracle! 

Christmas Mice

Hello Crafty Friends, Today, I am playing in some fun challenges with this cute card: The current House-Mouse &Friends Monday Challenge HMFMC #461 is Anything Goes with an optional theme of Pastels. I have some pastel paper in my layers. This card was made with ornaments from a SU! set, a cut up sentiment from RedLead Paperworks, and three mice I cut out of the Spellbinders Sew Sweet stamp set. The background was inspired by Jeanne Streiff's MIX challenge on Splitcoaststampers.com last Friday where she asked us to make a background using a die cut as a stencil. 

T is For 10 Years of T-Day, Too much food, and The Art (Always the Art)

Hello Friends. Most of today's post is about celebrating 10 years of Elizabeth hosting T-day parties on her blog .  If you have visited me before, you know that I regularily participate in T-day where we all post something about a drink of any type (the drink can be anything including water and the post can be a real drink, words, movies, art, etc.) on Tuesday (or Monday lol) and link it to Elizabeth's T-day blog post for the week.   This year Elizabeth is asking us to post several things in celebration of the big anniversary.   #1.   Post a picture of something that makes the number 10. I used 10 art supplies that were near me.  I am starting to make more Christmas cards so these were right at hand.  #2.   Post our regular T-day picture/post.  My drink picture today is a lunch we had in Tybee Island last week during our Georgia trip.  We ate at Pier 16 .  Great food and service. It was our favorite meal during the trip. ...