Skip to main content

Lego Camp, Baseball, and Art

Nana's Lego Camp has come and gone.  I told my grandsons for several years that I would do a lego camp for them, and I finally did it.  One of the boys attends lego camp in a neighboring city every year, but he never gets to keep or pick out what he makes .  I told him I would come up with my own version where he could pick the set and keep it. 

Each boy got to pick their "dream set" as long as it wasn't horribly expensive plus we did one set as a race.  Everyone also got their favorite snacks, plus we had camp shirts.  The shirts were made by my Sister and say Reading, Reaching and Running Higher on the back because I also have a summer long reading camp (they have read 21 books so far) and a running camp (we try to get faster running from home plate to first base).  I am just trying to do something fun this summer for them since we have them at the house a lot. 
They each have a little bit of their sets to finish up when they come by this week.  Our house looks a bit crazy right now. 

We spent almost every night and all day Saturday at baseball games for two of my Grandsons. It was the regional tournament and both won second place in their level. This is the 6U team - they also have several 5 year olds on the team as well.  They are the cutest boys. 
The 8U team lost to our neighboring city team and got second place.  It was fun to see our area take 1st and 2nd.  Many of the boys are friends so it is cute to see both teams mixed up for the picture. Some of the coaches on both sides played together growing up and now their boys are playing too. So sweet. 
Notice our team has a girl on the far right.  She is one of the better players, and she is super sweet. 

I also fit in some art in the mornings. 

This painting/card was done for last week's watercolor challenge at Splitcoaststampers.com.  It was actually supposed to be a white rose but somehow I forgot that along the way.  I am sending it to a friend for her birthday so I wrote birthday blessings in the shadows.

I cased THIS fun card by Allison on Splitcoaststampers.com for my next card.  I needed some fun ways to use my new skunk stamps (challenge from my Aunt) and nothing was coming to me. I made several others but this was the best one. Check out Allison's card because it is fabulous. 
This card was done for a fellow stamper's husband. We were celebrating his birthday and Father's Day.  He is roofer and carpenter - super talented. 
It is T-day over at Elizabeth's blog so here is my drink picture.  Isn't this bottle the prettiest?

I bought it to celebrate the healing of my aurotic dissection.  No more blood thinners or worrying about falling (falls could cause it to tear more).  This was some very awesome news.  I also bought it because I binge watched Season 1 of Midnight Texas on Friday (if you have seen it you will understand).  

You are probably wondering how I did all this and worked....I forgot to mention I took off a few days. LOL. 

Hugz,

Nancy 


Comments

  1. I love your cards! Skunks are really cute and friendly (too bad…).
    best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have had your hands full and got a lot of nice things done. How wonderful that you do someing special for the kids in summer. Your cards are fantastic, especially the skunks, gorgeous stamps! Glad you are feeling better, enjoy your bourbon! ugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like days at Grandma's are real fun. What wonderful memories you are making for your grandkids. Your cards are wonderful. Love the skunk stamp and the saying is just perfect. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your Lego camp idea. I bet the boys liked picking out a set too, but good thing you said not expensive because some of those Lego sets are crazy expensive. and those little baseball boys are cute. Glad they won, but too bad for the other team. I hope you're having a wonderful T day Nancy. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such pretty cards but I love the skunk one.
    I lOVE the idea of Lego camp. I bet your grandchildren loved it! How creative you are to find different ways to occupy them and encourage them to learn.
    Congrats on the healing of your aurotic dissection. A milestone for sure!
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are the best grandmother in the world. How wonderful you had a Lego camp for the three boys. Also wonderful you have them reading summer books. I always did that every summer and always read 100 books each summer until my junior year when I started working as a lifeguard at our local pool. And I KNOW those boys are proud that you attend all those games, too. It helps to have family cheering you on when you are a child in a competitive sport.

    You make beautiful cards, Nancy. My favorite is the handyman card.

    That is a beautiful shaped bottle. I like the name of the whiskey, too. I have no idea about Midnight Texas, but I am thrilled your aurotic dissection is healed. Thanks for sharing your great Nana camp photos, your cards, and your lovely bottle of whiskey with us for T this Tuesday, dear Nancy. Yes, I'm running behind and apologize for that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Big BIG, BIG WOW on your summer camp!!!
    I bet they will remind this forever!
    You are super-cool and so creative and loving nd caring.
    Love the t-shirts, too.
    And so sportive, hehe, fun-fact about the girl!
    Wonderful pieces of art, too, all of them.
    Cool drink and yay to let go of blood-thinners, boy did those cause trouble here with Ingo.
    As I´m too late for T-day: Happy rest of the week, hugz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nancy I love the photos of the teams, they look so cute. The Lego camp sounds such fun, what a great idea, our GSs go to summer camps too. Love the cards especially the skunk .
    Pleased to hear you are no longer using blood thinners, my DH takes them, good for his health but has such problems. Happy T Day. Jan S

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it is lovely and very creative what you do for your grandsons. I'm sure they will always remember that - you're making memories with them.
    Your skunk card is gorgeous, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your grandsons must have had so much fun at Lego camp. Three wonderful cards, I especially love the skunks :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, my goodness, all your cards are so cute. I love the skunk one. So happy for you to have those adorable grandsons near you! And to see their games. Happy belated t day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, Nancy! Big congrats on your healing, a wonderful milestone! I love all your cards, especially that cute skunk one. You rule as Top G-maw for sure, wow! Hey, you're an Alabamian, I see. I have roots there! My 3x great-grandfather, James Swain Newberry, came to the Weiss Lake area around 1840 from N. Carolina and established Newberry Crossroads in Cherokee Co. He had 19 children and lost 7 sons in the Civil War. My great-grandfather Newberry moved to Arkansas from there. I wonder if we are somehow kin if your roots have been there long? Do you have any Newberry, Howell or Bennett kin? Good week to you and stay cool! XXO

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Forest Goodies and Other Projects

 Hello Crafty Friends. I just got the Stamperia Forest Paper and Die Cuts in the mail so I had to play with them right away.   I have a combo creation - journal page and card.  On the journal page I used my 6x6 Dina Wakley Journal and laid a base of gesso.  I then used Dina's pastel crayons and some SU! inks and stamps.  Also added in some TH Dress Ink in Vintage Photo since I don't know how to make anything without it  (seriously).   The eagle is a Stamperia Forest die cut and is coated with gesso.  Did a bit of stenciling and distressing to finish the page off.  I am linking this the the **Art*Journal*Journey* September Texture Theme (last day - can't wait to see what October's Theme will be).  The die cut and the little smears add texture to the already very textured page.   I love the blue and green together and was inspired to made a quick card for my Son-in-law who cut down some tree limbs for us the other day.  The paper in the middle is from the Stamperia Forest

Milkshake Malt Porter and a Bit of Art

 Hello friends and Happy T-day. It has been hit or miss with me lately on T-day posts. The remodel of our house next door has taken our mental and physical energy.  I think a few more weeks and things will be on the contractor instead of us.  Hopefully I will be back to normal by then. My Oldest Darling Daughter asked if we wanted to come for dinner Saturday.  Translation:  go to the store with me and we will bring part of dinner to your house and you cook the rest.  While at the store, I saw one 6 pack of this fun milkshake porter so, of course, I bought it.  It smells wonderful (a hint of chocolate and a hit of malt) and has a light creamy taste.  I would definitely buy it again if I see it.  My son-in-law did not like it, but he is more a  Miller Lite fan.  Now if this had been a whiskey, he would have been all over it.  LOL.  Linking this to Elizabeth's blog for the T-party gang. Darling Daughter had tried her hand at dried pintos, and she rocked them (I will begging for a rep

A Martini, Peanut Butter Cupakes, and Art

Hello Friends. Today, I have an ecletic mix of drinks, dessert, and art. First, it's T-day somewhere in the world so time for a drink post which I am linking to Elizabeth's Blog - Altered Book Lover.  Last week we had a work related dinner.  When the waitress asked what I wanted to drink, I had a sudden craving for a martini.  I use to love them, but I guess my tastes have changed because I wasn't a fan.  I was a fan of the chips and dips though! And the day before, I brought my Sister's fabulous peanut butter cupcakes.  Mainly because I was craving them and couldn't ask her to make just one..... Over at **Art*Journal*Journey* Elle picked a theme of Books, Cats, and Tea (you can pick one, two or three of the items).  I did a Bible Journal Page in my Journaling Bible - Luke 13:24-25.  After a layer of Gesso, I took a Sharpie pen and drew the kitty, then the narrow door, and then colored the door with Arteza Brush pens. The verse was written with a Micron pen.  This