Skip to main content

T is for Trying

Hello T-Day friends. I have missed you!

I can't wait to catch up with all of you over at Elizabeth's Blog.

I am trying to eat and drink super healthy in January to see if I see a difference in any of my health issues or sluggishness. I gave up processed sugar, bread, pasta, fried anything, rice, crackers, alcohol, desserts, processed meats, frozen foods, etc. I also gave up peas and beans except for green beans. I have reduced the pains in my side, and I have more energy. I have also lost 6 pounds. I have blood work next Friday and that will tell the real story. 

My drink today is POM. I have been drinking a little of this for about a week (a little because of the calories and cost). I really like the taste, and pomegranate is supposed to have some super powers. I mainly got it to add to smoothies, but I haven't done that yet. If you know anything good or bad about this juice let me know. 

I am still making cards.  Here are a few of my favorites from the last few weeks:

This one is stamped with a retired Close to My Heart image and water-colored. It was my aunt Joan's design idea, but I love how it came out. 

This one is done with loose watercolors. The sentiment is from Close to My Heart (retired).
This spotlight card was made with a Penny Black image and the sentiment is from Close to My Heart (retired).

This mug and marshmallows on this one is from a DRS Designs image (retired) and I sketched and painted the background.

This one was done in watercolors following a watercolor bokeh tutorial posted on Splitcoaststampers.com. The sentiment is from Stamping Up!

Another loose watercolor. The sentiment is a die cut (cut three times and layered).

Hope you all have a wonderful week and are doing well.

Hugz,

Nancy

Comments

  1. All your cards are beautiful, Nancy. I especially love your watercolors ones. I guess I won’t be healthy, because I absolutely do not like pomegranate! Nice to see you at tea-Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I´ve never heard of Pom, but chapeau on your change in diet!
    Aw, ALL your cards are wonderful! Happy belated T-Day, glad you are back, hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so glad to see your name in the links. It's good to "see" you here.

    I've seen POM at the grocery store, but have never purchased it. Bought a pomegranate once, but I forgot about it and it went bad before I could use it.

    I love all the cards you made. The cocoa card could be your ticket to T, too (grin). Thanks for sharing your drink and your amazing cards with us for T this week, dear Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous cards. I've been seeing ads on television for POM. When I was little, we used to get a fresh pomegranate around Thanksgiving. Fun to try to peel and eat the seeds. Messy, though. Thanks for the memory and Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Nancy, thanks for your visit, nice to see you again and Happy New Year! I'm sure giving up all that stuff will make you feel better - it has too - as they say, you are what you eat! I'm plant-based but I do love bread so that can be my downfall. If I stop eating it I lose weight immediately, so I think you will too if you give up bread and pasta especially. I drink Pom juice in the morning as that is when it is supposed to benefit you most, to start the day that way. It is supposed to be good to treat high blood pressure. (also drinking beetroot juice in the morning but Pom is more palatable for people maybe). Do you know Dr Greger? He has some great books on healthy eating and nutrition, they are plant based but you don't have to go full vegan, but add more healthy options. Look for How not to Die, How not to Diet and How not to Age, and there are cookbooks too. Happy T Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh no, I got an google error, hopefully my comment worked! I also forgot to say that I love your cards, especially the watercolour ones.

    ReplyDelete
  7. pomegranate juice is my favourite, the only down side is the sugar :(
    So many beautiful cards, the simplicity of the blue sky and those little red birds is a stunner ♥

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Unopened Mail And My Grocery List

We arrived back from our Las Vegas trip last night so the only thing on my Kitchen Counter is unopened mail and my grocery list.  I have looked up the recipes for most the great food we ate (or wish we ate) in Las Vegas including Bacon Waffles and Chicken and Waffles - so my counter top should look awesome tomorrow (or as soon as I get a waffle maker).  We had lots of fun in Las Vegas but not as much as Crystal and Joey.  If we were still 21 we would have had a blast!  No luck with gambling - but I only gained 1 pound which is a miracle! 

Christmas Mice

Hello Crafty Friends, Today, I am playing in some fun challenges with this cute card: The current House-Mouse &Friends Monday Challenge HMFMC #461 is Anything Goes with an optional theme of Pastels. I have some pastel paper in my layers. This card was made with ornaments from a SU! set, a cut up sentiment from RedLead Paperworks, and three mice I cut out of the Spellbinders Sew Sweet stamp set. The background was inspired by Jeanne Streiff's MIX challenge on Splitcoaststampers.com last Friday where she asked us to make a background using a die cut as a stencil. 

T is For 10 Years of T-Day, Too much food, and The Art (Always the Art)

Hello Friends. Most of today's post is about celebrating 10 years of Elizabeth hosting T-day parties on her blog .  If you have visited me before, you know that I regularily participate in T-day where we all post something about a drink of any type (the drink can be anything including water and the post can be a real drink, words, movies, art, etc.) on Tuesday (or Monday lol) and link it to Elizabeth's T-day blog post for the week.   This year Elizabeth is asking us to post several things in celebration of the big anniversary.   #1.   Post a picture of something that makes the number 10. I used 10 art supplies that were near me.  I am starting to make more Christmas cards so these were right at hand.  #2.   Post our regular T-day picture/post.  My drink picture today is a lunch we had in Tybee Island last week during our Georgia trip.  We ate at Pier 16 .  Great food and service. It was our favorite meal during the trip. ...