Skip to main content

Spring Where Are You?

Hello friends.

It is cold, and I am ready for Spring. I have some pretty flowers to share with you.

This one was made with the Spellbinders Geranium and Wooden Bucket dies. I water colored the background, the bucket and the flowers using watercolor paper and Daniel Smith watercolors. I was inspired by the Art Nudge 225C inspiration photo here:


The challenge is open to all artists of any type - textile, paper, oil, watercolor, stamping, mixed media, sculpture, cookies, etc. 

I have more flowers after doing the watercolor and sketch challenges on Splitcoaststampers.com this week:

The watercolor challenge was based on a tutorial video by MarenaArt which can be found HERE. The sketch card is the one on the right. 

Don't you love the Unity stamp on the left - so encouraging. 

I loved painting the loose poppies so much that I painted the boiled egg I made for my chicken salad - lol.

I am late for T-day again over at Elizabeth's Blog - I am always the caboose lately (but at least I am showing up). We always share a drink related item in our post, and anyone is welcome to join in. This week, I am drinking a new to me tea from The Republic of Tea. I really like it. 


I hope the remainder of your week is wonderful. Thanks for dropping by.

Hugz,

Nancy


Comments

  1. Hi Nancy. I'm feeling just like you with flowers and it being cold. Wow, your flowers are gorgeous. You could make some beautiful Easter eggs too if you painted them. I hope all is well and you warm up soon. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really beautiful watercolor art Nancy, I love them 😍💐, and the bunny picture, too 🥰🐰

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I love all of the dimension you've achieved with those flowers Nancy! Your paintings are always amazing! You make me want to get out mine! Thank you for sharing your beautiful inspiration my friend! Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a stunning card! The dies and your design are so beautiful - love it 😊. Your paintings are amazing too, so life like. Pumpkin is my favourite, so I'll happily join you for a cuppa too - perfect! Sending you happy T Day wishes ❤️. Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always love seeing your cards. I really LOVE the poppies. That egg is stunning. Sorry I am late visiting, but I am thrilled beyond belief that you shared your T Stands For Tuesday post with us this week. Your pumpkin pie chai sounds delicious. I love anything pumpkin.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nancy, that bucket of germaniums just blows me away!! PLEASE tell me you are going to frame it?! I adore your poppies, too, and love that you feel inspired and confident enough to take the time to turn a boiled egg into a little work of art!! 🤯Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Unopened Mail And My Grocery List

We arrived back from our Las Vegas trip last night so the only thing on my Kitchen Counter is unopened mail and my grocery list.  I have looked up the recipes for most the great food we ate (or wish we ate) in Las Vegas including Bacon Waffles and Chicken and Waffles - so my counter top should look awesome tomorrow (or as soon as I get a waffle maker).  We had lots of fun in Las Vegas but not as much as Crystal and Joey.  If we were still 21 we would have had a blast!  No luck with gambling - but I only gained 1 pound which is a miracle! 

Christmas Mice

Hello Crafty Friends, Today, I am playing in some fun challenges with this cute card: The current House-Mouse &Friends Monday Challenge HMFMC #461 is Anything Goes with an optional theme of Pastels. I have some pastel paper in my layers. This card was made with ornaments from a SU! set, a cut up sentiment from RedLead Paperworks, and three mice I cut out of the Spellbinders Sew Sweet stamp set. The background was inspired by Jeanne Streiff's MIX challenge on Splitcoaststampers.com last Friday where she asked us to make a background using a die cut as a stencil. 

T is For 10 Years of T-Day, Too much food, and The Art (Always the Art)

Hello Friends. Most of today's post is about celebrating 10 years of Elizabeth hosting T-day parties on her blog .  If you have visited me before, you know that I regularily participate in T-day where we all post something about a drink of any type (the drink can be anything including water and the post can be a real drink, words, movies, art, etc.) on Tuesday (or Monday lol) and link it to Elizabeth's T-day blog post for the week.   This year Elizabeth is asking us to post several things in celebration of the big anniversary.   #1.   Post a picture of something that makes the number 10. I used 10 art supplies that were near me.  I am starting to make more Christmas cards so these were right at hand.  #2.   Post our regular T-day picture/post.  My drink picture today is a lunch we had in Tybee Island last week during our Georgia trip.  We ate at Pier 16 .  Great food and service. It was our favorite meal during the trip. ...