Skip to main content

A Sparkly Horse and a Camo Flower


The CAS challenge on SCS is celebrating its 200th challenge with a big birthday celebration during December. There are lots of challenges that posted this weekend and they run through December. Challenge C is to use the Dazzing Diamond Dust technique. I couldn't get get to my Embossing supplies due to the continued remodeling in my craft room, so I had to cheat and use glossy accents and some Dazzling Diamond Dust. If you are interested in joining the challenge here is the link and the code: CAS200PARTYC.

I used my very favorite stamp set from SU!, Wild Wild West. It retired several years ago and I totally love it. I needed a birthday card for my niece, Holly. She loves horses so I focused just on the horse in the canyon scene. I had to cut out DA MAN, but he can't ge the star all the time - LOL!


This card was done for the Featured Stamper challenge at SCS. This week's Featured Stamper is Mayodino. I cased her card here. This is for my husband's birthday so I used the sleeve off one of his hunting shirts (he cut it off not me so don't worry). I know he is going to laugh hysterically when he gets this. I used the Tattered Flowers die from Tim Holtz to make the flower.

Have to run do some cleaning which I have been neglecting. Hope you all had a wonderful weekend! Thanks for stopping by and many Hugz!



Comments

  1. Two beauties, Nancy :) Love the negative in the star (sparkly cowboy for Mz. Pamzi by any chance LOL!) and love all the woodgrain on the second. Lovely bow and flower too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards! Inspired choice to use your hubby's recycled clothing and it looks fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely and rustic these are, Miss Nancy! I like the bold plaid ribbon on the first one...goes well with the horsies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both cards are beautiful Nancy, I like the horse and the ribbon, the cut out and wood look on the second card.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two outstanding cards. I agree that the man doesn't always need to be the star. Love that big ribbon. Your husbands cards is a keeper that's for sure. You'll have to let us know what he says about it, if he can stop laughing that is.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards! Love the gorgeous ribbon you used!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both cards are so nicely done. You are so fortunate to have that fantastic stamp...great job using it. I've never seen a card made with that stamp that I did not like it...and yours is great too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both are gorgeous! Love how you focused on the horse with a star and the shirt flower is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Unopened Mail And My Grocery List

We arrived back from our Las Vegas trip last night so the only thing on my Kitchen Counter is unopened mail and my grocery list.  I have looked up the recipes for most the great food we ate (or wish we ate) in Las Vegas including Bacon Waffles and Chicken and Waffles - so my counter top should look awesome tomorrow (or as soon as I get a waffle maker).  We had lots of fun in Las Vegas but not as much as Crystal and Joey.  If we were still 21 we would have had a blast!  No luck with gambling - but I only gained 1 pound which is a miracle! 

Christmas Mice

Hello Crafty Friends, Today, I am playing in some fun challenges with this cute card: The current House-Mouse &Friends Monday Challenge HMFMC #461 is Anything Goes with an optional theme of Pastels. I have some pastel paper in my layers. This card was made with ornaments from a SU! set, a cut up sentiment from RedLead Paperworks, and three mice I cut out of the Spellbinders Sew Sweet stamp set. The background was inspired by Jeanne Streiff's MIX challenge on Splitcoaststampers.com last Friday where she asked us to make a background using a die cut as a stencil. 

T is For 10 Years of T-Day, Too much food, and The Art (Always the Art)

Hello Friends. Most of today's post is about celebrating 10 years of Elizabeth hosting T-day parties on her blog .  If you have visited me before, you know that I regularily participate in T-day where we all post something about a drink of any type (the drink can be anything including water and the post can be a real drink, words, movies, art, etc.) on Tuesday (or Monday lol) and link it to Elizabeth's T-day blog post for the week.   This year Elizabeth is asking us to post several things in celebration of the big anniversary.   #1.   Post a picture of something that makes the number 10. I used 10 art supplies that were near me.  I am starting to make more Christmas cards so these were right at hand.  #2.   Post our regular T-day picture/post.  My drink picture today is a lunch we had in Tybee Island last week during our Georgia trip.  We ate at Pier 16 .  Great food and service. It was our favorite meal during the trip. ...