Skip to main content

Weekend Creativity

Hello friends.

I actually spent a little time cleaning the craft room a bit.  I have one corner done - only three more to go!  LOL!

I have been crafting away this weekend.  Doing several more Geometric Shapes pages for the **Art*Journal*Journey* theme, plus some cards.  I even made some yummy hot water cornbread.

This first page is the other part of Psalm 52 - the more positive words at the end about trusting in God's love.  With the world on fire right now, we definitely need to focus on God's faithful love.
Keeping with God's love and faithfulness, I also did Psalms 91. 
Here a few cards I made.

This one is an ode to my 401K.  I used part of an annual report and a fun old SU! Clock image. Those are tears (or raindrops) on the left.... hopefully the value will come back quickly when we get back to norm (whatever and whenever that will be).
This card was a case of Sharon Wisely who is the Featured Stamper on Splitcoatstampers.com this weekend. Sharon is one of the owners of  Red Lead - what a cool store!  I cased her tag which you can find HERE.
And here is the hot water cornbread I made.  I added in some sausage and it is stuffed with cheese.  I got the recipe HERE.
Hugz!

Nancy

Comments

  1. Wow Nancy, you have been busy. Love the beautiful journal pages, very impressive and great colours! You made great cards, too. We can only hope and trust that things will soon get better. And your baking looks very tasty. Have a good week, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful diary pages and cards. They fit our today's situation.What a delicious filled bread bag.
    All the best and stay healthy!
    Greetings Elke

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had a really fun weekend I think! Oh those journal pages are gorgeous. I particulary like the world on fire one. And those cards are also amazing. Would you like to send a cornbread my way? Ha-ha. Thanks for joining Valerie's challenge at Art Journal Journey. And Happy new week. Stay healthy! Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nancy you had such a productive time, wonderful journaling pages and those cards are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. beatiful pages,pretty colours too.
    the bag bread looks so yummy.
    stay safe and well.


    hugs jenny

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful journal pages and a good message, we have to have faith and trust these days.
    The cards you created also look fantastic.
    The corn bread looks delicious.
    Stay safe and well.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oops I forgot to thank you for linking to Valerie's Art Journal Journey theme.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your pages and the wonderful messages! Stay safe Nancy!

    Susi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great journal pages Nancy and fabulous cards, I really like the first card - a super variety of elements.
    Your cornbread looks and sounds yummy, lots of people seem to be baking at the moment, we can't get yeast anywhere - we always bake our own bread but if we can't get some soon we will have to resort to buying some!
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jesus blessing, Nancy.

    Your photo collection card is beautiful.
    And thanks for the cornbread recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous pages and cards Nancy! I really like the comforting message in Psalms 91 and the feathers are stunning! The cornbread looks delicious too :)
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Unopened Mail And My Grocery List

We arrived back from our Las Vegas trip last night so the only thing on my Kitchen Counter is unopened mail and my grocery list.  I have looked up the recipes for most the great food we ate (or wish we ate) in Las Vegas including Bacon Waffles and Chicken and Waffles - so my counter top should look awesome tomorrow (or as soon as I get a waffle maker).  We had lots of fun in Las Vegas but not as much as Crystal and Joey.  If we were still 21 we would have had a blast!  No luck with gambling - but I only gained 1 pound which is a miracle! 

Christmas Mice

Hello Crafty Friends, Today, I am playing in some fun challenges with this cute card: The current House-Mouse &Friends Monday Challenge HMFMC #461 is Anything Goes with an optional theme of Pastels. I have some pastel paper in my layers. This card was made with ornaments from a SU! set, a cut up sentiment from RedLead Paperworks, and three mice I cut out of the Spellbinders Sew Sweet stamp set. The background was inspired by Jeanne Streiff's MIX challenge on Splitcoaststampers.com last Friday where she asked us to make a background using a die cut as a stencil. 

T is For 10 Years of T-Day, Too much food, and The Art (Always the Art)

Hello Friends. Most of today's post is about celebrating 10 years of Elizabeth hosting T-day parties on her blog .  If you have visited me before, you know that I regularily participate in T-day where we all post something about a drink of any type (the drink can be anything including water and the post can be a real drink, words, movies, art, etc.) on Tuesday (or Monday lol) and link it to Elizabeth's T-day blog post for the week.   This year Elizabeth is asking us to post several things in celebration of the big anniversary.   #1.   Post a picture of something that makes the number 10. I used 10 art supplies that were near me.  I am starting to make more Christmas cards so these were right at hand.  #2.   Post our regular T-day picture/post.  My drink picture today is a lunch we had in Tybee Island last week during our Georgia trip.  We ate at Pier 16 .  Great food and service. It was our favorite meal during the trip. ...