Skip to main content

A Groovy Kind of Christmas!

 Hello crafty friends.

My 25 year old daughter, Alex, told me last night she wanted to make her own Christmas cards with my help.  She wanted to make them all right then.  Yikes!  And....   she wanted them to look like they came from the 1970s!  Double Yikes!!  I was pretty skeptical about getting them done in 3 hours - but we did!

She actually helped, and she was so creative.  I was proud of her, and I had the best time!  

She found all the stuff in my paper and flower stash so we used up a lot of things that probably would have ended thrown away or donated. I was thrilled.  

When she showed me the picture she wanted to use, I could see why she picked 1970s.  She dressed in bell bottoms for the picture and it does look 1970-ish.  By the way, she just moved and she did her house in 1970s theme too.  Whenever I visit, I feel like I stepped back to High School. LOL!

After we were done, I asked her which one was her favorite.  She picked this lace one she made.


This one was my favorite because I love an easel card.


These are the boring ones I made.  She wasn't too hip on the left one as it didn't have a "70s vibe." 


Here is a picture of a bunch of them.  All the others matched one or more of these.

Fun memories - even her 5 year old son helped.  Her cards remind me of the cards my Mother made.  I could just feel my Mom smiling down.  Maybe this is the start of a love of card-making in my daughter.   One can only hope!

Thanks for visiting. 

Hugz, Nancy

Comments

  1. These are all fantastic Nancy, and lovely photos too! Alex and Patton did a great job, and I bet you all had a wonderful time creating.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What gorgeous cards you two made. I look back on the 70s with fond feelings, it was a good time! Have a great day, stay safe, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful cards. They give me nostalgic memories from the time my son was a baby. Love your cards 💗

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow cool cards and what an awesome theme. Good to have some mother daughter bonding time, this could become a tradition :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG..what a fun and productive 3 hours of Christmas card designing with your DD and GS:-) How cool that you were able to use so many scraps from your stash too. TFS your fun crafting day. Love and Hugs...Nancy L

    ReplyDelete
  6. They all look fabulous Nancy, it sounds like you had a wonderful time.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun. The cards are very groovy. I bet the recipients will enjoy the blast from the past. Guess which one I like most. The non-groovy one you made - lol.

    I hope this does become a family tradition for you, Nancy. My son and I used to make Christmas ornaments together. Sometimes, dad would even join in.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Someone in a comment above me used that same word that came to mind when I looked at these card. These are really cool! Yes I remember the 1970's (And bell bottom pants!!! For sure! My Jim was in the navy and I ironed a lot of those bell bottomed uniform pants!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are such pretty cards! That's such a lovely photo, they both look so happy and it fits the 1970s style beautifully - perfect 😀. Happy and creative wishes! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Unopened Mail And My Grocery List

We arrived back from our Las Vegas trip last night so the only thing on my Kitchen Counter is unopened mail and my grocery list.  I have looked up the recipes for most the great food we ate (or wish we ate) in Las Vegas including Bacon Waffles and Chicken and Waffles - so my counter top should look awesome tomorrow (or as soon as I get a waffle maker).  We had lots of fun in Las Vegas but not as much as Crystal and Joey.  If we were still 21 we would have had a blast!  No luck with gambling - but I only gained 1 pound which is a miracle! 

Christmas Mice

Hello Crafty Friends, Today, I am playing in some fun challenges with this cute card: The current House-Mouse &Friends Monday Challenge HMFMC #461 is Anything Goes with an optional theme of Pastels. I have some pastel paper in my layers. This card was made with ornaments from a SU! set, a cut up sentiment from RedLead Paperworks, and three mice I cut out of the Spellbinders Sew Sweet stamp set. The background was inspired by Jeanne Streiff's MIX challenge on Splitcoaststampers.com last Friday where she asked us to make a background using a die cut as a stencil. 

T is For 10 Years of T-Day, Too much food, and The Art (Always the Art)

Hello Friends. Most of today's post is about celebrating 10 years of Elizabeth hosting T-day parties on her blog .  If you have visited me before, you know that I regularily participate in T-day where we all post something about a drink of any type (the drink can be anything including water and the post can be a real drink, words, movies, art, etc.) on Tuesday (or Monday lol) and link it to Elizabeth's T-day blog post for the week.   This year Elizabeth is asking us to post several things in celebration of the big anniversary.   #1.   Post a picture of something that makes the number 10. I used 10 art supplies that were near me.  I am starting to make more Christmas cards so these were right at hand.  #2.   Post our regular T-day picture/post.  My drink picture today is a lunch we had in Tybee Island last week during our Georgia trip.  We ate at Pier 16 .  Great food and service. It was our favorite meal during the trip. ...