Skip to main content

Caramel Creme Cheesecake, Peaches, and Art

Hello Friends!


On our way back from the 8U State Youth Baseball Championship on Saturday (we lost to the State Champions which is an accomplishment in itself and it was a super fun game), we stopped into Peach Park.  Some of you may have been there since it is a big attraction when driving I-65 through Alabama.  The have a ton of different drinks there ranging from cokes to peach cider.  I bought this awesome coffee flavoring:

I am guessing you can buy it a lot of places, but it was the first time I have seen it.  It makes your coffee taste like it cost $6 and has zero calories.  It is my drink ticket to get in the T-party over at Elizabeth's blog.   

Here are some more drinks they have available - I really considered the peach cider....
The sell tons of peaches, peach pies, peach cobler, peach bread, peach ice cream (hubby had some) and every other type of peaches you can think of, plus they have a fabulous cafe.  They had live music on Saturday and the singer was very good.  They were selling the peaches faster than they could unload them. 
After the last game, we took our youngest grandson to the arcade in Oxford, then to wafflehouse, and then to Peach Park for ice cream and the playground - we scored a bunch of Grandparents points.  In fact, he told us we could have a ton of hugs and kisses.  

Some art for the week.  For my first card, I cased THIS card by Anna Marie who was the Featured Stamper at Splitcoaststampers.com.  If you are a Trekkie or a scottie lover you will like this one. The Scottie is from Stamping Up and the die is from Close to My Heart. 


Also the watercolor challenge for the week was Atmospheric Landscapes using THIS tutorial.  The minute she said the branch looked like a hand, I was thinking Halloween....the graveyard, bats, branch and sentiment are all from DRS Designs. 

That's all.  Happy T-day if you celebrate it.

Hugz,

Nancy




Comments

  1. Yum, peaches in everything!
    best, mae

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, now I have "Sweet home Alabama" in my ear.
    We saw Forrest Gump in the world-oldest open air cinema in 995 in Broome, Western Australia and in Mataranka up North it blared from a jukebox to Salt and vinegar chips, hmmm
    Thank you for the memories!
    So sad my stomach cannot take coffee anymore - sounds yummy and zero calories sounds as good.
    Oh, I can´t remember when I had a peach last time!
    YES to beaming! Oh, and Halloween sure really kinda lurks around the corner - very well done.
    Have a happy T-Day, hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nancy. I hope you get to taste the peach cider one day. I tried some in Charleston and it didn’t have a lot of flavor, but I love the idea of a peach flavored cider. Too bad your grandsons team lost, but it is a big deal to get that far. It’s exciting. And your art is really fun this week. It isn’t too long before I’ll be thinking about fall and Halloween art. It’s exciting to think about. I hope your t day is a good one and happy week ahead. Hugs Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your cards Nancy! And all the peachy goodness looks wonderful and yummy... When i was little my Grandparents took me to a place in GA that had a GIANT peach like up on a pole or something... I've never seen it again so i can't tell you where it was.... but i'd love to know.. Have you? Happy T day! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice cards. What a lovely place to visit. I do love peach in my drinks. Sorry aobut the loss, but that is how kids learn to be good sports, and good people. Next year maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't I-65 the road that has all those garage sales for hundreds of miles? Or do they even do that anymore?

    That flavoring sounds wonderful. I'm going to see if Spice Merchant carries it the next time I go. Sounds like you really made great grandparent brownie points. Loved seeing the photos of the peaches, the ciders, and the bottles of other drinks.

    Your cards are adorable. Loved the Scottie. I adore a good pun. But that other one is spooky and awesome. Thanks for taking us with you to Peach Park, as well as sharing your amazing cards with us for T this Tuesday, dear Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love seeing your work. Thank you for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow the peach place sounds delicious and somewhere I would love to visit. I especially love the photo of all the peaches on the truck - yum! Love your cards too, the first one is cute and your watercolours are always amazing. Happy T Day Elle/EOTC xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Too bad they lost, but like you said a great game for them. I would love all that peach stuff. Peach cobbler sounds so good. Love your cards, especially the little Scottie card. I think I would love to go to the Peach Park for ice cream. Can I come and be your grandchild? :) Happy T Day, Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Sharon - come on and I will definately take you to Peach Park!

      Delete
  10. Even if the GS team lost, it was still exciting for them to get there. Peach Park and granny points sounds like a good deal. Love the cards especially the Halloween themed card. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well those peaches are probably so yummy especially inside of a pie!! My husband loves peaches! That drink looked so yummy too! Your little scottie card is super cute and I love the sentiment with him! I'm a big Halloween lover and your scene looks amazing! Beautiful painting on that! Thanks for sharing your wonderful post my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Unopened Mail And My Grocery List

We arrived back from our Las Vegas trip last night so the only thing on my Kitchen Counter is unopened mail and my grocery list.  I have looked up the recipes for most the great food we ate (or wish we ate) in Las Vegas including Bacon Waffles and Chicken and Waffles - so my counter top should look awesome tomorrow (or as soon as I get a waffle maker).  We had lots of fun in Las Vegas but not as much as Crystal and Joey.  If we were still 21 we would have had a blast!  No luck with gambling - but I only gained 1 pound which is a miracle! 

Christmas Mice

Hello Crafty Friends, Today, I am playing in some fun challenges with this cute card: The current House-Mouse &Friends Monday Challenge HMFMC #461 is Anything Goes with an optional theme of Pastels. I have some pastel paper in my layers. This card was made with ornaments from a SU! set, a cut up sentiment from RedLead Paperworks, and three mice I cut out of the Spellbinders Sew Sweet stamp set. The background was inspired by Jeanne Streiff's MIX challenge on Splitcoaststampers.com last Friday where she asked us to make a background using a die cut as a stencil. 

T is For 10 Years of T-Day, Too much food, and The Art (Always the Art)

Hello Friends. Most of today's post is about celebrating 10 years of Elizabeth hosting T-day parties on her blog .  If you have visited me before, you know that I regularily participate in T-day where we all post something about a drink of any type (the drink can be anything including water and the post can be a real drink, words, movies, art, etc.) on Tuesday (or Monday lol) and link it to Elizabeth's T-day blog post for the week.   This year Elizabeth is asking us to post several things in celebration of the big anniversary.   #1.   Post a picture of something that makes the number 10. I used 10 art supplies that were near me.  I am starting to make more Christmas cards so these were right at hand.  #2.   Post our regular T-day picture/post.  My drink picture today is a lunch we had in Tybee Island last week during our Georgia trip.  We ate at Pier 16 .  Great food and service. It was our favorite meal during the trip. ...