Skip to main content

More Fried Green Tomatoes, Baseball, a Dragon's Eye, and Some Art

Hello friends! Happy T-day if you celebrate it!


This weekend, my youngest daughter turned 28 and she wanted to do a girls brunch.  She picked KimberLia's in downtown Prattville.  This is a picture of her sister's fried green tomato BLT and our waters.  We also had Mimosas and coffee, but, of course, I forgot to take a picture.  The jazz band they had playing was super loud and there was a party next to us of very loud people so it was hard to talk or think.  The service was very slow, but the food was good.  We ended up having coffee across the street just to catch up and relax. These waters are my ticket to T-day over at Elizabeth's blog. 

Baseball tournaments are in full swing this week - we have 1-2 games every night this week except Wednesday.  This is the banner for our oldest Grandson's team.
One of the mothers is a photographer and very good at making banners. 

I squeezed in some art this week too - here a a few of the cards I made.

This one was inspired by THIS  notebook.  I sent it to my dragon loving grandson. 

This was my daughter's birthday card.  She loves vintage, flowers, and Harry Potter, so I wrapped the flowers in Harry Potter newspaper. 

This one was done for two watercolor challenges on Splitcoasterstampers.com - one was funky butterflies and one was loose backgrounds. 
Hope you have a fabulous rest of the week!  

Hugz,

Nancy






Comments

  1. Happy birthday to your daughter! Sounds like a good birthday party despite the slow service.
    best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so would like to try green fried tomatoes!
    Sad about the loud place, though. I´d go nuts....
    1-2 games every night?! That sounds like stress ;-)
    Beautiful, both, the book and your work.
    And the card, very beautiful.
    "Enjoy Today" and happy T-Day, hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a great celebration for your 'baby' daughter, even if it was loud. Hope the games all go well for your grandson's team. Love your cards, and especilaly the idea of Harry Potter newspaper, lovely! Have a great week, stay well and happy, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday to your daughter Nancy. Love your cards, that red dragon one especially. And I do love a bit of baseball. Happy T Day! Elle/EOTC xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never eaten fried green tomatoes, you don't get them in our country. Hopefully I'll come to the USA again, then I'll try it... Your cards are lovely! Happy birthday to your youngest daughter!
    All the best and happy T-day 🌻🌼🌻!
    Traude
    https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2023/06/costa-rica-12-kapitel-nationalpark.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't like it when a place is so loud that you can't talk with each other.
    The card you made for your daughter's birthday is truly beautiful as are the others, but this one stood out for me. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry the birthday girl had to put up with a noisy crowd but the BLT sounds good, even to this vegetarian.

    LOVE the cards you made, especially the one for your daughter. I almost missed the key I was so caught up in that newspaper. I loved the butterflies, too.

    What a week. You will be glad when baseball season is over, but I sure like the banner the lady made.

    Thanks for sharing your cards, your grandson's banner, and your food and water with us for T this Tuesday, dear Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nancy always beautiful cards... I had Mimosas after a Hot Air Balloon ride in Albuquerque , NM, and my parents and grandparents LOVED fried green tomatoes but not this girl...lol Happy T day! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do love a BLT but never had fried green tomatoes, I will try one if I ever see it on a menu.
    Love your cards, gorgeous flower card and butterflies
    Thanks for your visit earlier. Jan S

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful grandparent to attend all your grandchildren's games. They will remember and appreciate that!
    Love all your cards. They are so creative and I love how unique they are to the recipient.
    Happy Belated Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  11. So many great cards, the dragons eye is amazing and so is your little bouquet of flowers :). Wonderful colours with the loose watercolouring and the butterflies. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy birthday to your daughter! Your cards turned out amazing Nancy! I love that fun dragon eye for your grandson! You're so creative my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Unopened Mail And My Grocery List

We arrived back from our Las Vegas trip last night so the only thing on my Kitchen Counter is unopened mail and my grocery list.  I have looked up the recipes for most the great food we ate (or wish we ate) in Las Vegas including Bacon Waffles and Chicken and Waffles - so my counter top should look awesome tomorrow (or as soon as I get a waffle maker).  We had lots of fun in Las Vegas but not as much as Crystal and Joey.  If we were still 21 we would have had a blast!  No luck with gambling - but I only gained 1 pound which is a miracle! 

Christmas Mice

Hello Crafty Friends, Today, I am playing in some fun challenges with this cute card: The current House-Mouse &Friends Monday Challenge HMFMC #461 is Anything Goes with an optional theme of Pastels. I have some pastel paper in my layers. This card was made with ornaments from a SU! set, a cut up sentiment from RedLead Paperworks, and three mice I cut out of the Spellbinders Sew Sweet stamp set. The background was inspired by Jeanne Streiff's MIX challenge on Splitcoaststampers.com last Friday where she asked us to make a background using a die cut as a stencil. 

T is For 10 Years of T-Day, Too much food, and The Art (Always the Art)

Hello Friends. Most of today's post is about celebrating 10 years of Elizabeth hosting T-day parties on her blog .  If you have visited me before, you know that I regularily participate in T-day where we all post something about a drink of any type (the drink can be anything including water and the post can be a real drink, words, movies, art, etc.) on Tuesday (or Monday lol) and link it to Elizabeth's T-day blog post for the week.   This year Elizabeth is asking us to post several things in celebration of the big anniversary.   #1.   Post a picture of something that makes the number 10. I used 10 art supplies that were near me.  I am starting to make more Christmas cards so these were right at hand.  #2.   Post our regular T-day picture/post.  My drink picture today is a lunch we had in Tybee Island last week during our Georgia trip.  We ate at Pier 16 .  Great food and service. It was our favorite meal during the trip. ...