Skip to main content

A Blue Flower

This current MFPSpeedyTV Inspiration Challenge has some super interesting inspiration pictures:



Here is my card based mainly on the first picture and using MFP's Huge Bloom set:


I am getting pretty lazy with my coloring so on this one I just took my TH Faded Jeans ink pad and drug it across the image. The color was a bit darker than I wanted so I thought I would try stamp etching which involves taking a fine marker and drawing in a bit more lines and shading in your image. Fun stuff!

Also entering this in the Deconstructed Sketch Challenge - DS164 since my sketch is from that lovely challenge.

Hope you will join us!

Comments

  1. A fabulous card Nancy, I love your flower and the gingham and dots go so well together - a real country looking card.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy, I love your layers on this card. It's a little bit county and so homey and wonderful. I am your newest follower, MFP DTeamie, and I hope you will follow me as well. Have a sunny day!
    kReN@ http://afourthlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very beautiful card, Nancy. I love the country feel of it. I am a country girl at heart. I like how you use the distress inks to color your image.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty, Nancy, and do I ever love the stamp etching. It is so fun and really changes an image.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now those are some creative ways to use flower pots!! LOL!! Your card is absolutely stunning my friend!! Love that flower and your papers! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoyed your inspiration pictures. I love those terracotta pots and the ways some brilliant person has colored & used them. I was into that (with the tiny pots) for Christmas decs one year. Never brave enough to do anything with the large pots, but these are darned clever. I'm loving the way you've interpreted that into your card. Can't beat navy gingham, red dots, and denim. This is a breezy & pretty card, made me think of a late summer picnic. Of course I love the addition of the lace to dress it up. Exudes the essence of southern summer charm. I like it - LOTS! TFS & Hugs (PS...I didn't know what 'etching' was, so thanks for the info! It's lovely).

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is so pretty, and I like your etching.

    Love,
    M

    ReplyDelete
  8. You rocked using the insp. photos. Wonderful mix of layers and a great focal flower.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous blue flower! Wonderful background on your delightful card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this! I've been wanting to try that technique too and your blue flower looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. so stunning nancy.gorgeous pretty layers and i love your colours and fabulous flower :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the true country feel with the denim, lace, hay, and especially the beautiful bloom! I love how you did the center of the flower - gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I love these flower pot people! I think I need to make those. Love the colors in your card and the awesome design

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Unopened Mail And My Grocery List

We arrived back from our Las Vegas trip last night so the only thing on my Kitchen Counter is unopened mail and my grocery list.  I have looked up the recipes for most the great food we ate (or wish we ate) in Las Vegas including Bacon Waffles and Chicken and Waffles - so my counter top should look awesome tomorrow (or as soon as I get a waffle maker).  We had lots of fun in Las Vegas but not as much as Crystal and Joey.  If we were still 21 we would have had a blast!  No luck with gambling - but I only gained 1 pound which is a miracle! 

Christmas Mice

Hello Crafty Friends, Today, I am playing in some fun challenges with this cute card: The current House-Mouse &Friends Monday Challenge HMFMC #461 is Anything Goes with an optional theme of Pastels. I have some pastel paper in my layers. This card was made with ornaments from a SU! set, a cut up sentiment from RedLead Paperworks, and three mice I cut out of the Spellbinders Sew Sweet stamp set. The background was inspired by Jeanne Streiff's MIX challenge on Splitcoaststampers.com last Friday where she asked us to make a background using a die cut as a stencil. 

T is For 10 Years of T-Day, Too much food, and The Art (Always the Art)

Hello Friends. Most of today's post is about celebrating 10 years of Elizabeth hosting T-day parties on her blog .  If you have visited me before, you know that I regularily participate in T-day where we all post something about a drink of any type (the drink can be anything including water and the post can be a real drink, words, movies, art, etc.) on Tuesday (or Monday lol) and link it to Elizabeth's T-day blog post for the week.   This year Elizabeth is asking us to post several things in celebration of the big anniversary.   #1.   Post a picture of something that makes the number 10. I used 10 art supplies that were near me.  I am starting to make more Christmas cards so these were right at hand.  #2.   Post our regular T-day picture/post.  My drink picture today is a lunch we had in Tybee Island last week during our Georgia trip.  We ate at Pier 16 .  Great food and service. It was our favorite meal during the trip. ...