Skip to main content

Fall Card


Still wishing for Fall - got a little taste of it this morning when it was 66 as I was driving to work here in steamy Central Alabama! Made this card for the Less is More challenge which is a sketch challenge and the Twisted Sisters Challenge on SCS which is to make a card with Fall colors.

Hugz!

Comments

  1. Hi and thanks for your visit & kind comment to my blog. Popped over for a visit, and interesting to see you live in Central Alabama. I'm in Upstate SCarolina. We've had 2 beautiful days that have hinted at fall, but I expect we'll get hot & muggy again. Love your leaf card with the gorgeous background. It's very CAS, but so striking! I'll be joining as your newest follower, and hope you'll return to visit me when you can. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful CAS card for Fall, Nancy. I know about the feeling of Fall here in North AL, too. Of course, it's been unusually cool here this summer until last week and summer FINALLY arrived............with a HOT bang! Whew............

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a gorgeous CAS water-color design!! Lovely Fall image and colors! :) HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a gorgeous CAS card Nancy, fabulous interpretation of the sketch.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. so stunning nancy.autumn is my favourite season and your autumnal colours and leave are fabulous :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy sigh....love leaves and fall colours :) Great OLC!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks terrific and a one layer too!
    Super job!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty and very realistic! Wish we could have some summer before we have fall!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful background to make your leaf pop. I have to confess I don't miss the hot, sticky Alabama summers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A very cool and realistic leaf card
    Great idea and loving your background technique
    Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
    Sarah xx
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nancy this is simply stunning, love it! Super take on the sketch
    Thanks for joining in with Less is More this week
    Anne
    LIM Designer

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Unopened Mail And My Grocery List

We arrived back from our Las Vegas trip last night so the only thing on my Kitchen Counter is unopened mail and my grocery list.  I have looked up the recipes for most the great food we ate (or wish we ate) in Las Vegas including Bacon Waffles and Chicken and Waffles - so my counter top should look awesome tomorrow (or as soon as I get a waffle maker).  We had lots of fun in Las Vegas but not as much as Crystal and Joey.  If we were still 21 we would have had a blast!  No luck with gambling - but I only gained 1 pound which is a miracle! 

Christmas Mice

Hello Crafty Friends, Today, I am playing in some fun challenges with this cute card: The current House-Mouse &Friends Monday Challenge HMFMC #461 is Anything Goes with an optional theme of Pastels. I have some pastel paper in my layers. This card was made with ornaments from a SU! set, a cut up sentiment from RedLead Paperworks, and three mice I cut out of the Spellbinders Sew Sweet stamp set. The background was inspired by Jeanne Streiff's MIX challenge on Splitcoaststampers.com last Friday where she asked us to make a background using a die cut as a stencil. 

T is For 10 Years of T-Day, Too much food, and The Art (Always the Art)

Hello Friends. Most of today's post is about celebrating 10 years of Elizabeth hosting T-day parties on her blog .  If you have visited me before, you know that I regularily participate in T-day where we all post something about a drink of any type (the drink can be anything including water and the post can be a real drink, words, movies, art, etc.) on Tuesday (or Monday lol) and link it to Elizabeth's T-day blog post for the week.   This year Elizabeth is asking us to post several things in celebration of the big anniversary.   #1.   Post a picture of something that makes the number 10. I used 10 art supplies that were near me.  I am starting to make more Christmas cards so these were right at hand.  #2.   Post our regular T-day picture/post.  My drink picture today is a lunch we had in Tybee Island last week during our Georgia trip.  We ate at Pier 16 .  Great food and service. It was our favorite meal during the trip. ...