Skip to main content

Misty Mountains

I was inspired to do this card by the Global Design Project #GDP187 - Landscapes and the Inspiration Challenge #700 at Splitcoaststampers.com.  The SCS site was Quora.  I picked this as my inspiration picture:
I started by swiping SU! Pacific Point on some aluminum foil and misting with water. I dipped my paper on the ink a few times to soak it all up. Then I took a paper towel dipped in white acrylic paint and pounced it on my inked paper while it was still wet. After the paper dried. I sponged around a circle to make the moon and torn paper to make my mountains. Next, I stamped some leaves from Rooted in Nature and then heat embossed the sentiment on a strip of Night of Navy.


Sympathy card for my stash.

Also did this card for the Global Design Project - a landscape on your card. 

Hugz!
Nancy

Comments

  1. Gorgeous background, sky, stamping and sentiment for a thinking of you card, Nancy. TFS Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow so beautiful Nancy, the image reminds me of of the islands around British Columbia :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous card Nancy, you have created a beautiful scene - a great technique.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect card for a sympathy card...the scene and the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, the landscape you have created is so so so breathtaking. What a super idea to dab white acrylic paint. The moon looks so real. I also like the way you did the mountains and the leaves look just perfect.

    Love,
    Monica

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Unopened Mail And My Grocery List

We arrived back from our Las Vegas trip last night so the only thing on my Kitchen Counter is unopened mail and my grocery list.  I have looked up the recipes for most the great food we ate (or wish we ate) in Las Vegas including Bacon Waffles and Chicken and Waffles - so my counter top should look awesome tomorrow (or as soon as I get a waffle maker).  We had lots of fun in Las Vegas but not as much as Crystal and Joey.  If we were still 21 we would have had a blast!  No luck with gambling - but I only gained 1 pound which is a miracle! 

Christmas Mice

Hello Crafty Friends, Today, I am playing in some fun challenges with this cute card: The current House-Mouse &Friends Monday Challenge HMFMC #461 is Anything Goes with an optional theme of Pastels. I have some pastel paper in my layers. This card was made with ornaments from a SU! set, a cut up sentiment from RedLead Paperworks, and three mice I cut out of the Spellbinders Sew Sweet stamp set. The background was inspired by Jeanne Streiff's MIX challenge on Splitcoaststampers.com last Friday where she asked us to make a background using a die cut as a stencil. 

T is For 10 Years of T-Day, Too much food, and The Art (Always the Art)

Hello Friends. Most of today's post is about celebrating 10 years of Elizabeth hosting T-day parties on her blog .  If you have visited me before, you know that I regularily participate in T-day where we all post something about a drink of any type (the drink can be anything including water and the post can be a real drink, words, movies, art, etc.) on Tuesday (or Monday lol) and link it to Elizabeth's T-day blog post for the week.   This year Elizabeth is asking us to post several things in celebration of the big anniversary.   #1.   Post a picture of something that makes the number 10. I used 10 art supplies that were near me.  I am starting to make more Christmas cards so these were right at hand.  #2.   Post our regular T-day picture/post.  My drink picture today is a lunch we had in Tybee Island last week during our Georgia trip.  We ate at Pier 16 .  Great food and service. It was our favorite meal during the trip. ...