Skip to main content

Swans

Swans are so graceful and pretty, and DRS Designs has a lovely new Swan image.  I have two cards to share with you featuring this image.

On my first card, I stamped the swan twice, fussy cut both images, and set them at the bottom of a cool new shaker die and kit I bought from CTMH (my aunt is a CTMH demo).  For the base of the shaker, I used the new Life Together Happiness Greeting from DRS Designs.  The Swan image is $8 mounted or $4 unmounted and the greeting is $8 mounted and $4.50 unmounted - these are some great prices for these lovely rubber stamps. 
I just love my next card. It was inspired by THIS painting at Great BIG Canvas.  These are the steps I used to make it:

*stamped the new Swan image in Vintage Photo Distress Ink
*colored in the black part of the swan head with a Fine tipped Sharpie
*sponged a line for the ground/water separation
*used watercolors to add in interest on the swan, sky, and water. 
*painted over the lines of the swan with white acrylic paint (it toned them down only)
*added some white paint in the water and sky
*stamped the Every Day a Miracle sentiment several times (using MISTI)

*sponged around and all over the image with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.
Hope your week is going well!

Hugz

Comments

  1. Both cards are so beautifully done! But that second one is a Masterpiece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are absolutely gorgeous!!! So lovely.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancy both cards are so pretty but the second should be framed, OMG gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two beautiful cards Nancy, I love the shaker design but the second card has to be my favourite everything about it is absolutely gorgeous.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both the cards are beautiful. The first one is glam and colourful and the second one is calm and very much like a picture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Nancy! Your gorgeously artsy creations are so incredible! Loving the textures, colors, and sweet uses of the swans! Thank you for visiting my blog today. hugs, de

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Unopened Mail And My Grocery List

We arrived back from our Las Vegas trip last night so the only thing on my Kitchen Counter is unopened mail and my grocery list.  I have looked up the recipes for most the great food we ate (or wish we ate) in Las Vegas including Bacon Waffles and Chicken and Waffles - so my counter top should look awesome tomorrow (or as soon as I get a waffle maker).  We had lots of fun in Las Vegas but not as much as Crystal and Joey.  If we were still 21 we would have had a blast!  No luck with gambling - but I only gained 1 pound which is a miracle! 

Christmas Mice

Hello Crafty Friends, Today, I am playing in some fun challenges with this cute card: The current House-Mouse &Friends Monday Challenge HMFMC #461 is Anything Goes with an optional theme of Pastels. I have some pastel paper in my layers. This card was made with ornaments from a SU! set, a cut up sentiment from RedLead Paperworks, and three mice I cut out of the Spellbinders Sew Sweet stamp set. The background was inspired by Jeanne Streiff's MIX challenge on Splitcoaststampers.com last Friday where she asked us to make a background using a die cut as a stencil. 

T is For 10 Years of T-Day, Too much food, and The Art (Always the Art)

Hello Friends. Most of today's post is about celebrating 10 years of Elizabeth hosting T-day parties on her blog .  If you have visited me before, you know that I regularily participate in T-day where we all post something about a drink of any type (the drink can be anything including water and the post can be a real drink, words, movies, art, etc.) on Tuesday (or Monday lol) and link it to Elizabeth's T-day blog post for the week.   This year Elizabeth is asking us to post several things in celebration of the big anniversary.   #1.   Post a picture of something that makes the number 10. I used 10 art supplies that were near me.  I am starting to make more Christmas cards so these were right at hand.  #2.   Post our regular T-day picture/post.  My drink picture today is a lunch we had in Tybee Island last week during our Georgia trip.  We ate at Pier 16 .  Great food and service. It was our favorite meal during the trip. ...