Skip to main content

Water, Water, Water!

It has been hot, hot, hot here in Central Alabama.  I would love to be at the lake, a swimming pool, or some type of water.  I had to settle for making some cards with water scenes instead.  My first card was made by inking up a panel in Pacific Point and then stamping Vicki's Versatile Background in the same color.  Next, I stamped on two of the fish from 4 in 1 Ocean Designs and then coloring them in with a Sharpie pen.  I added on some eyes with white paint and then stamped the Eyes for You Greeting.  On the back panel, I stamped the same fish in Sahara Sand.

My next card was made this weekend and was inspired by THIS lovely picture at Ballard Designs which was the inspiration site at Splitcoaststampers.com.  After painting up the scene in watercolors (really just a bunch of upward flecks in different colors of green and brown with a touch of blue and white), I stamped the Dreams Inspire Future Greeting.  I stamped the greeting one more time and cut out and sponged the "will inspire" banner.  I popped up the banner and then sponged around the whole card panel in Vintage Photo Distress Ink. 

Hope your week is going well!  Hugz - 

Nancy

Comments

  1. Hi Nancy...well it has been raining non stop for the last three days here....good for the crafting....
    I love your two cards..the fun fish one with vibrant colours, and your second fabulous painted card...with the wonderful sentiment and banner....great to have fun creating xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're both great. Love the eyes on the fish on that first card - and the background. The second card stole my heart. This looks exactly like a scene on some property I own and haven't seen in a while due to distance. Beautiful and very peaceful looking.Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancy, these are two wonderful cards. I love that background stamp, it creates the perfect water effect. Your hand painted card is fabulous and should be in a frame :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope your water and fish card and Gorgeous handpainted water scene card made you feel a bit cooler. Thank you Nancy for sharing your 2 beauties. Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two super cards Nancy, a great background on the first one with the cute little fish. You have created a wonderful scene on the second one, you should give yourself more credit your water colouring is fabulous and your sentiment is perfect.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty pair of cards! I just love the fish card with that pretty blue color, and the scene you created looks wonderful on the 2nd. Especially liking how you did the sentiment on that one!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Unopened Mail And My Grocery List

We arrived back from our Las Vegas trip last night so the only thing on my Kitchen Counter is unopened mail and my grocery list.  I have looked up the recipes for most the great food we ate (or wish we ate) in Las Vegas including Bacon Waffles and Chicken and Waffles - so my counter top should look awesome tomorrow (or as soon as I get a waffle maker).  We had lots of fun in Las Vegas but not as much as Crystal and Joey.  If we were still 21 we would have had a blast!  No luck with gambling - but I only gained 1 pound which is a miracle! 

Christmas Mice

Hello Crafty Friends, Today, I am playing in some fun challenges with this cute card: The current House-Mouse &Friends Monday Challenge HMFMC #461 is Anything Goes with an optional theme of Pastels. I have some pastel paper in my layers. This card was made with ornaments from a SU! set, a cut up sentiment from RedLead Paperworks, and three mice I cut out of the Spellbinders Sew Sweet stamp set. The background was inspired by Jeanne Streiff's MIX challenge on Splitcoaststampers.com last Friday where she asked us to make a background using a die cut as a stencil. 

T is For 10 Years of T-Day, Too much food, and The Art (Always the Art)

Hello Friends. Most of today's post is about celebrating 10 years of Elizabeth hosting T-day parties on her blog .  If you have visited me before, you know that I regularily participate in T-day where we all post something about a drink of any type (the drink can be anything including water and the post can be a real drink, words, movies, art, etc.) on Tuesday (or Monday lol) and link it to Elizabeth's T-day blog post for the week.   This year Elizabeth is asking us to post several things in celebration of the big anniversary.   #1.   Post a picture of something that makes the number 10. I used 10 art supplies that were near me.  I am starting to make more Christmas cards so these were right at hand.  #2.   Post our regular T-day picture/post.  My drink picture today is a lunch we had in Tybee Island last week during our Georgia trip.  We ate at Pier 16 .  Great food and service. It was our favorite meal during the trip. ...