Skip to main content

Chicken and Dumplings, Quilting, and Flowers

I have two BAJ/Card combinations to share. 

This one is linked up to the **Art*Journal*Journey* Geometric Patterns.  
I cased THIS lovely card by Pat (Kokirose).  I used the same quilt pattern she did, but changed up the papers, did faux sewing, expanded it, and added a verse from Psalms 78 to it.  Papers are SU! and stash.  The matching card has a vintage SU! Stove (1998 found the stamp at a flea market) and some accessories from the SU! Perfect Mix set.   This is going to a lovely friend who is making me some masks and is on cooking adventures as well.

My next combo has some lovely Peonies and leaves against a stenciled brick wall. I drew the flowers using THIS lovely flower picture as my inspiration. Colored it up with some water color pencils, which I also used to create splatter.  Added a bit of  Stickles and Acrylic Paint to the little fill ins.  This card is going to a friend who could use a pick me up.  The Muah stamp is Stamp-abilities.
I woke up today in a cooking mood.  Haven't really been in one of those in a very long time.  I made Cheesy Bacon and Egg Hash for breakfast. Then I made chicken and dumplings from scratch (tried to get close to my Mom's version with thicker strips of dumplings. I also made fried apple and cheese casserole, and squash and potatoes. I probably gained 5 lbs!
Thanks for stopping by!!!

Hugz,

Nancy

Comments

  1. As a greedy person I'll start with the cooking - sounds yummy! You really made a lot, well done. The card you made and the journal pages are beautiful. Love the verse you added, too. Glad you had a good weekend. Thanks for joining AJJ again, much appreciated! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. great journal pages, I love your patchwork -beautiful country look and those flowers are amazing. Love the depth of colour from your watercolour pencil.
    All that food sounds yummy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two fabulous pages Nancy, a lovely quilt pattern and such a pretty floral page and card.
    Wow! Your cooking sounds yummy, I think a lot of us have put on a few lbs during the lockdown.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's a precision to your folded quilt pattern which is very elegant, and I do like the rustic colour palette - but it's those glorious peonies against the sun-drenched bricks which really captured my heart here.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You sound like you had a wonderful day in the kitchen. It is a great thing to do with this lockdown, isn't it? And your kitchen page and card have a wonderful homey feel. We're all getting to know this too well. And the flowers are a nice, They make me think of warm sunny days which is not what the weather was here. Thanks for sharing these with us at Art Journal Journey. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  6. wonderful journal pages, I love your flowers are amazing nice.
    that food is yummy!
    Have a good day!
    Greetings Elke

    ReplyDelete
  7. Baking sounds a good way to spend some time and your food looked delicious.
    Its a fantastic journal page and a good verse that you added.
    Thank you for linking to Valerie's theme at Art Journal Journey.
    Stay safe
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful. Love the fabulous journal pages and backgrounds..x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful pages Nancy! Love the quilting one with the matching card! And your peonies are gorgeous, amazing watercoloring and drawing, love the lightly stenciled backgrounds too! I bet that casserole was delicious!
    Hugs, Tammy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Unopened Mail And My Grocery List

We arrived back from our Las Vegas trip last night so the only thing on my Kitchen Counter is unopened mail and my grocery list.  I have looked up the recipes for most the great food we ate (or wish we ate) in Las Vegas including Bacon Waffles and Chicken and Waffles - so my counter top should look awesome tomorrow (or as soon as I get a waffle maker).  We had lots of fun in Las Vegas but not as much as Crystal and Joey.  If we were still 21 we would have had a blast!  No luck with gambling - but I only gained 1 pound which is a miracle! 

Christmas Mice

Hello Crafty Friends, Today, I am playing in some fun challenges with this cute card: The current House-Mouse &Friends Monday Challenge HMFMC #461 is Anything Goes with an optional theme of Pastels. I have some pastel paper in my layers. This card was made with ornaments from a SU! set, a cut up sentiment from RedLead Paperworks, and three mice I cut out of the Spellbinders Sew Sweet stamp set. The background was inspired by Jeanne Streiff's MIX challenge on Splitcoaststampers.com last Friday where she asked us to make a background using a die cut as a stencil. 

T is For 10 Years of T-Day, Too much food, and The Art (Always the Art)

Hello Friends. Most of today's post is about celebrating 10 years of Elizabeth hosting T-day parties on her blog .  If you have visited me before, you know that I regularily participate in T-day where we all post something about a drink of any type (the drink can be anything including water and the post can be a real drink, words, movies, art, etc.) on Tuesday (or Monday lol) and link it to Elizabeth's T-day blog post for the week.   This year Elizabeth is asking us to post several things in celebration of the big anniversary.   #1.   Post a picture of something that makes the number 10. I used 10 art supplies that were near me.  I am starting to make more Christmas cards so these were right at hand.  #2.   Post our regular T-day picture/post.  My drink picture today is a lunch we had in Tybee Island last week during our Georgia trip.  We ate at Pier 16 .  Great food and service. It was our favorite meal during the trip. ...